LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Associate
You mean the armrest height? Armchair means an entire style of chair in English. Some here have modded non armrest adjustable chairs to use 4D armrests. You can buy just the 4D armrests separately quite cheaply and you might be able to replace them on that chair. Someone here modded an Ikea Markus to do that. Or maybe just look at Noble chairs or similar that already have adjustable arms.

Aha alright I see :D
Yeah I was talking about armrest heigh. Great info there about what it's called and what I should be looking for.
Appreciated, thanks a lot!

Soldato
Per the norm just wait for Black Friday for a big discount

I am not buying one, just sharing the information.

Can't see there being big discounts on this model anyway especially with the way things are going this year.

I would be happy to pay £1500 because demand may outweigh supply on this one.

Associate
If you think £300 is 'only', then I reckon you should go for it! ;)

PS I'm using a 49" Samsung and it is a *bit* overwhelming on the desktop! :eek:

Ha yes when the itch to buy a new shiny starts it's amazing how easily we seem to be able justify only an extra few hundred quid :D

Associate
Aha alright I see :D
Yeah I was talking about armrest heigh. Great info there about what it's called and what I should be looking for.
Appreciated, thanks a lot!

No worries, glad to help, hope you can get new chair that modded how you want it, chances are it probably is already compatible if you take the old arms off and replace them with 4D ones. Best of luck with it all.

Associate
No worries, glad to help, hope you can get new chair that modded how you want it, chances are it probably is already compatible if you take the old arms off and replace them with 4D ones. Best of luck with it all.

Yeah really good to know I have some more options, looking into now, if I go that route. Or just buy a good gaming chair. But most of them I have seen looks so cramp. I mean the sides of them seems to be make one just have the legs cramped. Not that it matter when using it infront of my desk. But if having it infront of my telly; I would if to feel more like a nice comy couch!
If I make any sense LOL!
Thanks mate :)

Caporegime
wow 1499.99 for the 48" that's more expensive than the c9 55"

smaller individual oled size so is a much more expensive panel to make. That’s why we don’t have 32” oled panels yet. They haven’t found a way to make them that small for a reasonable cost.

and that’s launch price so will drop over the year

Associate
smaller individual oled size so is a much more expensive panel to make. That’s why we don’t have 32” oled panels yet. They haven’t found a way to make them that small for a reasonable cost.

and that’s launch price so will drop over the year

Yeah it seems really expensive but as what you said, I can understand that, but annyway ouch :/

Just wondering how much better this CX (10) will be vs the C9. Maybe it would be nice to have the option of BFI at 120hz 4K, I dont know. And what else may be improved with the Gen3 chip.
I am a nVidia gamer since long back but it would be nice to have the option going AMD - freesync atleast. But I heard that only the new one will support freesync, is that actually true ?

Associate
Right got the 48inch on order from MarksE - will give you guys a review when it lands.

It's already dropped £100 under RRP - will probably be around 1k by BF but have been waiting 24 months for a new monitor so meh.

Got it for 1100£ less than the best in class pc monitor (rog-swift-pg35vq) - have no idea why prices have not dropped to reflect that the arse is about to get blasted out of the FALD market by desktop OLED.

** question for you guys, understand i need a video wallpaper - but I can't seem to find anything on Deskscapes in the correct resolution, what are you guys using?

Last edited:
Associate
Right got the 48inch on order from MarksE - will give you guys a review when it lands.

It's already dropped £100 under RRP - will probably be around 1k by BF but have been waiting 24 months for a new monitor so meh.

Got it for 1100£ less than the best in class pc monitor (rog-swift-pg35vq) - have no idea why prices have not dropped to reflect that the arse is about to get blasted out of the FALD market by desktop OLED.

** question for you guys, understand i need a video wallpaper - but I can't seem to find anything on Deskscapes in the correct resolution, what are you guys using?

Looking forward to your review.

Soldato
OP

which monitor are u coming from?

i can predict/guess ur review of it lol

Associate
Yeah it seems really expensive but as what you said, I can understand that, but annyway ouch :/

Just wondering how much better this CX (10) will be vs the C9. Maybe it would be nice to have the option of BFI at 120hz 4K, I dont know. And what else may be improved with the Gen3 chip.
I am a nVidia gamer since long back but it would be nice to have the option going AMD - freesync atleast. But I heard that only the new one will support freesync, is that actually true ?
Each to there own but the majority of people who have the C9 don’t need to upgrade to the CX 10. OLED tech has peaked since C8-C9 with minimum improvements in reality on the CX10. The C9 really had all the I improvements, game related, that will last for years.

There was a review on YouTube of the new 48” OLED and he said the size is all wrong, until they get down to 32” he recommends not bothering. Each to there own

Back
Top Bottom