X4 Foundations

Soldato
How do I make a defence platform?

I have a mission to setup a Split defence platform, but from what I can tell there isnt any speicfic defence platform module?

If you read the requirements it requires X number of defense points modules of which one is admin centre. It also requires Z amount of shields and Y amount of turrets or missile turrets.

You place the central Y piece down and plug the defense modules at it's corners (you need to rotate them). Right click the 2 defense modules and edit the loadout. If the requirements do not specify it, just install small turrets/shields to cut costs, not big ones. Above each module, there is a bar which you can set how many turrets/shields this slot can take 2/2 some can do 6/6.

You will have to buy the blueprints for the turrets (any), missile turrets (any) and shields and the defense modules.

Welcome to the world of the construction business which is lucrative especially in sectors where Xenon are blasting stations as the factions pay 100% to 300% higher price than normal :D

And when you can afford buy your own construction ship with full pack of construction drones. Some times I fly it my self building stations and is a spectacle :)

Soldato
I’m still learning, several X games later, many hundreds of hours later. There are still things I am doing manually that could probably be automated.

You can blame me :(

For 1 year saying that I will write a mod to automate point to point trading, have extracted the game, set up all the software needed to code, however haven't done it because I am lazy. Egosoft has said thats impossible to be done, when we were asked about features we want to see, however having looked at the save file data it is possible even for more complex order queue.

Soldato
I played EVE online for year so am used to a steep learning curve and I think X4 is almost giving EVE a run for its money.

heheh :D
True, considering that the whole X4 economy is real time 100% simulated like the EVE player economy. But here requires some good CPU to crunch the numbers, EVE needs players :p

Man of Honour
If you read the requirements it requires X number of defense points modules of which one is admin centre. It also requires Z amount of shields and Y amount of turrets or missile turrets.

You place the central Y piece down and plug the defense modules at it's corners (you need to rotate them). Right click the 2 defense modules and edit the loadout. If the requirements do not specify it, just install small turrets/shields to cut costs, not big ones. Above each module, there is a bar which you can set how many turrets/shields this slot can take 2/2 some can do 6/6.

You will have to buy the blueprints for the turrets (any), missile turrets (any) and shields and the defense modules.

Welcome to the world of the construction business which is lucrative especially in sectors where Xenon are blasting stations as the factions pay 100% to 300% higher price than normal :D

And when you can afford buy your own construction ship with full pack of construction drones. Some times I fly it my self building stations and is a spectacle :)

and then you marvel at your station complex that has hundreds of factories putting everyone else out of business :D

Trying to workout where to place my shipyards with the new Split factions. Two Grand has decent access to the 'Northern' sectors. Napileos' Fortune is always a good shout to the south. Think I'll start with those.

Soldato
and then you marvel at your station complex that has hundreds of factories putting everyone else out of business :D

Trying to workout where to place my shipyards with the new Split factions. Two Grand has decent access to the 'Northern' sectors. Napileos' Fortune is always a good shout to the south. Think I'll start with those.

If you plan to support the Split then depends which faction you sided with ZYA or FRF.

On FRF then Tharkas Ravine XVI. Already have the map on paint, split to 10km squares (so cargo drones will do the job) to build the supply chain as per logical view, but with multiple of stations :D

That way it would be easy to upgrade multiple individual stations at any time and not getting stuck waiting 1 station to be upgraded.

And is the main reason I do not like mega complexes.

Fill up the stations to produce have the supply lines & wharf ready and then trigger the civil war. Watch the FRF orders coming in. :D

Man of Honour
If you plan to support the Split then depends which faction you sided with ZYA or FRF.

On FRF then Tharkas Ravine XVI. Already have the map on paint, split to 10km squares (so cargo drones will do the job) to build the supply chain as per logical view, but with multiple of stations :D

That way it would be easy to upgrade multiple individual stations at any time and not getting stuck waiting 1 station to be upgraded.

And is the main reason I do not like mega complexes.

Fill up the stations to produce have the supply lines & wharf ready and then trigger the civil war. Watch the FRF orders coming in. :D

That's why you have a mega complex for each faction on the go :)

Soldato
The new questline surprises me, especially now I am on the Split branching with the FRF......
SPOILER ALERT....

You are even put in prison :D

WtWLj0W.jpg

let alone all the other crazy things going on......

Soldato
Can somone help me setup up supply ships? I've got a carrier, destroyer and Aux (Nomad Vanguard) in my fleet along with fighters, including some missle based ones. The Aux is setup as the supply fleet and has been assigned a 'wing'. I have two little ships inside it that are setup as 'trader' as a wing for the aux ship and the aux itself is set to not trade directly so it should send out its ships to go get stuff... I've landed a missle fighter on it to rearm but the aux ship is doing nothing and is not requesting buy orders etc. for the components to make the missles...

Egosoft need to do so much work on fleet commands, they're really terrible. I recall X2 having decent commands for fleet control as native compared to X4; surely they've had enough time to think about the automation and resupplying of fleets!

Soldato
Can somone help me setup up supply ships? I've got a carrier, destroyer and Aux (Nomad Vanguard) in my fleet along with fighters, including some missle based ones. The Aux is setup as the supply fleet and has been assigned a 'wing'. I have two little ships inside it that are setup as 'trader' as a wing for the aux ship and the aux itself is set to not trade directly so it should send out its ships to go get stuff... I've landed a missle fighter on it to rearm but the aux ship is doing nothing and is not requesting buy orders etc. for the components to make the missles...

Egosoft need to do so much work on fleet commands, they're really terrible. I recall X2 having decent commands for fleet control as native compared to X4; surely they've had enough time to think about the automation and resupplying of fleets!
Right so you need blueprints! Why can't you just purchase the products already made up... Dumb resupply system.

Soldato
So how does an Aux ship replenish its own drones? With other ships they dock with the vessel and then you can create the drones and they transfer across, but I can't seem to force the actual aux ship itself to replenish its own drones.. is it automatic?

Soldato
I got a question, are the raw materials on the map random per game?

If they are static, does anyone know of any system(s) that have every single type or raw material within 1 jump?

Also, can a faction's representative be destroyed/killed so you can no longer purchase blueprints?

EDIT: One more soz, does anyone know where you can get hold of the advance nanoweave (for the ship mods) I have only managed to find the basic ones so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom