D5 with ek top mounting

Soldato
Hi guys,

I have just assembled my d5 and top and was looking at mounting options. In the ek instructions it’s clear that mounting plexi down will prematurely break the pump. It shows safe examples of plexi up and on the side but with the outlet point up, my question is does the orientation of the outlet if it’s mounted on the side have any impact?

Id like to have my outlet coming not directly out of the top like the diagram but at 90 degrees. Will this be ok?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I have just assembled my d5 and top and was looking at mounting options. In the ek instructions it’s clear that mounting plexi down will prematurely break the pump. It shows safe examples of plexi up and on the side but with the outlet point up, my question is does the orientation of the outlet if it’s mounted on the side have any impact?

Id like to have my outlet coming not directly out of the top like the diagram but at 90 degrees. Will this be ok?

Yes 90o is fine, a you can even have the outlet pointing down just as long as when you fill the loop you keep the pump motor wet all the time, that's basically what the ek instructions are saying, it's talking more about pump / plexi orientation, not inlet / outlet orientation, although the inlet can't be pointing down, inlet at 90o or up, outlet anyway you want it........pump / plexi laying on its back or side, never pointing down.

phUR4UC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom