Home studio PC build

Associate
Can someone help me pick out a desktop build for a home studio I have £700 ? I will only be using it for music production only , midi instruments , vst plugins , Bitwig and ableton live , recording vocals , I have a Audio interface SSL 2 + would like to have usb c connect . Also I don't need a monitor .
I would also be open to spending more if there was a good over all benefit in the build .

Soldato
I guess audio software favours clock speed over core count (the AMD 3600x might be worth it for the extra clock speed)? Have speced up what should be quiet PC - PSU wasn't my first choice but its semi passive and a decent brand

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £711.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)

With more budget you could get more and or better RAM, or a larger storage drive (and maybe a backup drive?). A better graphics card would also let you use the machine for games.​

Soldato
Soldato
Can someone help me pick out a desktop build for a home studio I have £700 ? I will only be using it for music production only , midi instruments , vst plugins , Bitwig and ableton live , recording vocals , I have a Audio interface SSL 2 + would like to have usb c connect . Also I don't need a monitor .
I would also be open to spending more if there was a good over all benefit in the build .

pure clock speed

Total: £658.23 (includes shipping: £12.30)

6 cores would handle the tracks fine if layering them separate etc .
dont need GPU due to internal iGPU which Ryzen 2600/3600 doesnt have .
Silent Base 500 and new Shadow Rock cooler which would handle the i5 9600k !

pushing to top of your budget would land Z390 which would allow you to overclock to 5.1-2 Ghz all cores and Ryzen wouldn't match that for single/dual core performance

ram speed doesn't matter as much with intel as AMD so hence cheapest 16gb i could find . would OC to 3000hz on the Z390 board.

Total: £688.23 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Back
Top Bottom