Wireless IEMS

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So what is the latest opinions on the best wireless earphones then.

Looks like the sony and samsung galaxy buds + are the best?

@Janesy B has let me know how he found the Buds+ as his arrived recently. Now I post his feedback because he's also had the JayBird X4 and as you may know I currently have the Jaybird X3 which I am extremely fond of to the point I said before that any IEM I get now will have to at least match or better them.

The Buds+ sound similar to the wired AKG earphones that come with Galaxy flagships. To many they sound fine, but to me they sounded garbage by comparison to what I'm used to. So on that feedback alone I chose to disregard the Buds+ entirely and stick with the X3s until the next generation of TWS IEM whereby the sound quality is hopefully better than my current non TWS bluetooth IEM.

The Sony XM3 may well be as good or more likely better, but the charging case is massive and they are not moisture sealed so for me as an active person and someone who walks 6 miles to and from work each day.... Usage outside in potentially heavy downpours is not uncommon. I don't want to pay XM3 money and have to compromise on some features that I consider to be very important.

Caporegime
@Janesy B has let me know how he found the Buds+ as his arrived recently. Now I post his feedback because he's also had the JayBird X4 and as you may know I currently have the Jaybird X3 which I am extremely fond of to the point I said before that any IEM I get now will have to at least match or better them.

The Buds+ sound similar to the wired AKG earphones that come with Galaxy flagships. To many they sound fine, but to me they sounded garbage by comparison to what I'm used to. So on that feedback alone I chose to disregard the Buds+ entirely and stick with the X3s until the next generation of TWS IEM whereby the sound quality is hopefully better than my current non TWS bluetooth IEM.

The Sony XM3 may well be as good or more likely better, but the charging case is massive and they are not moisture sealed so for me as an active person and someone who walks 6 miles to and from work each day.... Usage outside in potentially heavy downpours is not uncommon. I don't want to pay XM3 money and have to compromise on some features that I consider to be very important.

Got my galaxy buds + the other day so bit late now haha.... :p But interesting that none the less!

I quite like them, really comfortable and the features seem pretty neat (when paired with a galaxy phone). Sound quality wise, no complaints from me, seemed a bit lacking but once I turned on dobly atmos, things improved dramatically, there is also an EQ but I have just left that set to normal (I'm not an audiophile though)

Although will need to keep an eye on these as the right earphone battery died very quickly where as the left had 92% of charge left....

Caporegime
I was disappointed with the galaxy buds+, I'll try with Dolby Atmos on to see if that gives them a boost.

They are much better in terms of changing (wireless and USB-C), fit/comfort and adjustablity in the app than my Melomania 1s, but the sound is nowhere near as a good.

Caporegime
I was disappointed with the galaxy buds+, I'll try with Dolby Atmos on to see if that gives them a boost.

They are much better in terms of changing (wireless and USB-C), fit/comfort and adjustablity in the app than my Melomania 1s, but the sound is nowhere near as a good.

Seem the Melomanias are £100 at the mo. What are they like?

Caporegime

Battery life is mega, when I was commuting I'd only need to charge the case once a week. Sound quality is good, a bit more bass than the Galaxy Buds but not too OTT - I do have the optional foam tips as well so that probably helps.

Man of Honour

Absolutely brilliant but I've lost my case, the sound was superb with my Moto G8 Plus, not thar far off from my dedicated DAP and Fidue A83 in ears.
I can buy a new case for £50 or Richer Sounds have offered a complete set for £80 but I have now decided that I'm such a forgetful person that I'm going back to Wireless with a cable hence a post I'll be putting below soon.
I keep losing the three items (2 buds, 1 case) and I've realised I'll keep doing it but with a wired wireless in ears they stay attached to my shirt.
Richer Sounds in Hanley told me they get at least 10 calls a month where people lose one of the 3 items of True Wireless headphones.

Man of Honour
I might have better luck in here

Spec me some wireless in-ears with controls on the ears please

If they exist.

I've been using true wireless Cambridge Melomania's for the last 3 months and love them however I constantly keep misplacing one of the 3 parts so I've gone back to my JBL wireless in ears.
The problem is I love how I can control the Melomania's on the buds so does anybody know of any wireless in ears that do the same?

Thanks

Soldato
Just bought some soundpeats truedots (2020 model with aptx).

I'm no audiophile but I can appreciate a decent sound. These little buds have blown me away for £22 delivered. Bass can be a tad enthusiastic but only when it's called upon. It's normally pretty tightly controlled.

Soldato
I've had my Jaybird Vista's in grey for around 6 months now and I have to say they've been excellent. Love the design and fit and the well sized charging case. The sound quality and range is very good with well controlled deep bass. Nothing to complain about from me... Then again I only paid 99 quid.

One of the best things has to be the fit. No fatigue at all.

Associate
Looks like im not the only one not satisfied with the buds+, i already had the buds and wanted more bass so after reading reviews and seeing the + getting better low frequencies i bought them, well they are crap compared to the buds for sound quality, too much high end for me, less bass than the buds and nowhere near as loud, got to be something to do with 1 big single driver in the buds compared to 2 smaller ones in the buds +.

Soldato
Jaybird vista owner here. After trying AirPods and returning them (due to them constantly falling out during exercise) the vistas are perfect. I use the size 3 tips and they’re so secure it feels like they have ANC anyway.

However, whilst they’re good for running and exercise, I wouldn’t wear them for hours at a desk or in the house, they do make my ears ache a little after a while.

Associate
Picked up a set of buds+ yesterday
Straight away I had to swap to the largest tips to get a decent seal.
I installed the wearable app on my pixel 2xl and tried the recommended "dynamic" equaliser setting but found the sound to be very bright, lacking in bass and could be a little harsh at times.
Luckily Poweramp has a decent equaliser and I can get some bass while keeping clarity in the mid and high ranges too.
They're not perfect, but they sound better now and the call quality seems pretty good too.

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.scarbir.com/truewireless

Above is a great page to read through as well.

Thanks for the link, really useful. I had been using some really old Anker headphones for the gym, fall asleep to podcasts in. And they were falling apart. Ordered a set of QCY T5 and really surprised at how good they sound given the low price. They fit well, pair easily and charging case is handy. Find I'm using my Bose QuietComfort 35 less and less these days. (still great for plane journeys, although they aren't going to be happening any time soon).

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for the link, really useful. I had been using some really old Anker headphones for the gym, fall asleep to podcasts in. And they were falling apart. Ordered a set of QCY T5 and really surprised at how good they sound given the low price. They fit well, pair easily and charging case is handy. Find I'm using my Bose QuietComfort 35 less and less these days. (still great for plane journeys, although they aren't going to be happening any time soon).

I ordered them too 2 months ago - still not arrived yet. i'm currently in a dispute with aliexpress.

it's been 60 days so you reckon they would just refund me or send me another pair.

Soldato
Bought the wife some of the Mpow M5's for £35 from Amazon - pretty good for the cash, easily on par with the original Galaxy buds I have to compare them with, although the click button on the earpiece is a little uncomfortable to press as it then pushes the IEM into your ear more. For the money they seem good from the 10 minutes I spent with them. Glad I read the instruction manual as it says the could catch fire if charged with something that outputs more than 5V - I guess they didn't bother with a regulator!

Soldato
Jaybird vista owner here. After trying AirPods and returning them (due to them constantly falling out during exercise) the vistas are perfect. I use the size 3 tips and they’re so secure it feels like they have ANC anyway.

However, whilst they’re good for running and exercise, I wouldn’t wear them for hours at a desk or in the house, they do make my ears ache a little after a while.

Try and use them with the smallest wing tips. For me they don't fatigue at all.

Soldato
Bought the wife some of the Mpow M5's for £35 from Amazon - pretty good for the cash, easily on par with the original Galaxy buds I have to compare them with, although the click button on the earpiece is a little uncomfortable to press as it then pushes the IEM into your ear more. For the money they seem good from the 10 minutes I spent with them. Glad I read the instruction manual as it says the could catch fire if charged with something that outputs more than 5V - I guess they didn't bother with a regulator!

Just came across the Soundpeats truefree+ for around £30. They seem the go to tws in this price range. Bonus is they look like my Jaybird Vista's and apparently perform very well. One drawback is they don't have volume control on the buds. A big omission for some.

Soldato
Good to hear this. After so many months of searching for something small I kept wanting to grab the Samsung galaxy buds but didn't wanna plump up the cash for them as my first tws. But stumbled upon the mpow m30's which seem to be a similar size/shape and from the reviews they are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom