LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Man of Honour
Variable backlight is a waste of time on this monitor unless you’re one of the 5 people in the world who likes dynamic contrast ratios and global backlight dimming :)

Associate
What's wrong with the cable it comes with out of interest?

I have tried several cables (bought on Amazon, so can send them back when not working) and ironically it is the one provided with the screen by LG that gives me the best results so far .. even if it is a bit too short (I need a long cable as I have a specific installation with the screen on the wall, also I need "short connectors" because of this fu**** design from LG with the ports facing the wall ..)

Edit : I now run the screen at 144Hz with GSync ON, not going above as my 2080Ti hardly handles more

Soldato
I have tried several cables (bought on Amazon, so can send them back when not working) and ironically it is the one provided with the screen by LG that gives me the best results so far .. even if it is a bit too short (I need a long cable as I have a specific installation with the screen on the wall, also I need "short connectors" because of this fu**** design from LG with the ports facing the wall ..)

Edit : I now run the screen at 144Hz with GSync ON, not going above as my 2080Ti hardly handles more

That’s good to know, I’m using the one it came with and i have no issues and I’m pretty fussy so thought I was missing something.

It took a few days adjusting setting until I found what suited me but I can say I’m pretty impressed with the monitor. I also settled on 144 in the end.

Associate
First appearance of the 38GN950-B. I dont wanna violate any TOS by linking another site that sells computer monitors, but it's listed at £1649.00 and 6/30/2020 release date. I'm sure they're just place holders but there is a full spec sheet. Am I allowed to link?

And it also just showed up on the FCC today too:
https://fccid.io/RR-LGE-38GN950

Associate
Is it the 85hz thing? Seems using a different cable usually cures it, never used the in-box cable with mine and been fine.

Which one do you have ? I tried a lot of different brands at Amazon but I always had problems (but maybe I haven't chosen the right ones)

Edit : and I don't think someone said he actually cured the issue with the change of a cable no ? (or maybe I missed it)

Associate
Just received the Linkup cable that someone linked earlier. First it is much better suited for my wall installation (the shortest plug I've seen so far).

Currently testing it to see if the "back from sleep" issue will be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom