• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which one? RTX 2070 Super model under £600

Associate
If you can wait 6 months you will get rtx 2080ti performance for that money.

*If* the new cards are even released this year, given the whole global pandemic/lockdown thing we're under at the moment, and *if* the currencies of the various countries don't fluctuate too much (they are likely to be all over the place) then *maybe* you'll get 2080Ti performance out of a 3070... but maybe not, a 1080Ti is still faster than a 2070S (though is missing the RTX capability).

In the mean time, you could be enjoying gaming for at least six months using your new shiny card.

Jimmy Weirdarms said:
a 1080Ti is still faster than a 2070S (though is missing the RTX capability).

Actually I've noticed the 2070 Super is as fast, if not faster now in many games @ 1080p and 1440p.
And when DLSS v2 is implemented in more games the 2070 Super will pull away even more.

But I know that I would have buyers remorse if I upgraded my 1080ti to an 2070S now at this time.
The sensible option is to save the cash and wait it out for the 3070 to drop.

Associate
When it comes to price you need to shop 'around' as well, you literally can save a ton of cash by doing so.

BTW I spotted the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB KO (08G-P4-2072-KR) listed for £416 (excl shipping).

Found it - this is excl shipping at 40 quid and VAT - probably also have import charges as well, making it more expensive that some of the higher clocked EVGA 2070 super.

Associate
Is it not 25% import tax from outwith the EU still?

Used to be a while back...worked as a postie...will never forget the local guy who got a £200 surcharge on an £800 computer from Israel :)

If i remember right its only if its over £18 value though.

From my understanding yes.

Back
Top Bottom