**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
8GB RAM/128GB storage costs £100 less on OP8P vs S20. At least let's wait for reviews before we start passing judgment.
I haven't passed any judgement. I said previous OP devices have lagged behind.

if they're tickling the same or similar price point that s20 and iphone is at then they will have no excuse this time.

but lets wait and see.

Man of Honour
OP did release some statements after the 7 launch saying that they knew their camera software was lacking and they had increased the team behind it massively so lets see if they've managed to make any big leaps in the 8. Personally I don't find the camera on my 7 pro in any way unacceptable for the odd quick picture I take.

Soldato
Personally I don't find the camera on my 7 pro in any way unacceptable for the odd quick picture I take.

I found the camera on the 7T Pro pretty good and had no complaints. But everywhere I read it's the same old banging on about the OP cameras being average so now I feel like I have to believe it's true (and I'm 100pc willing to accept that it IS true. I just couldn't see it myself).

Man of Honour
I found the camera on the 7T Pro pretty good and had no complaints. But everywhere I read it's the same old banging on about the OP cameras being average so now I feel like I have to believe it's true (and I'm 100pc willing to accept that it IS true. I just couldn't see it myself).
I think it's simply because it's the last real way to separate brands, almost everything else that's different such as software/size/etc. comes down to personal preference where as the camera can still be measured against hard and fast benchmarks.

Whether the general person can actual pick up on those differences without painstakingly looking for them is a different matter.

Soldato
The hole punch doesn't bother me too much. I'd prefer a clean display, but the popup camera was clearly a weak spot in the reliability. That and I'd get irritated every time it lifted and I saw fluff or dust stuck to it.

Soldato
The hole punch doesn't bother me too much. I'd prefer a clean display, but the popup camera was clearly a weak spot in the reliability. That and I'd get irritated every time it lifted and I saw fluff or dust stuck to it.
There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest the camera is/was unreliable. Admittedly it was likely the reason OP couldn't file for IP68 last time round and if rumours are to be believed the 8 series will be certified in that regard. From experience I can concede seeing dust stuck to it is pretty annoying but that's more down to OCD than anything else. For all the pop up is used it's the best solution for me.

Soldato
oh it is very good, I've got a 7T and I'm happy enough with it.

it simply isn't as consistent and other devices I had before, for e.g. my pixel 2 xl took a long time replace and even then going from that to 7T meant a slight downgrade in camera.

the pixel 2 xl was just so easy, literally point - shoot - done.

7T I have to tap around to adjust brightness, often take a 2nd picture to be satisfied etc.

consistency wise other phones do better.

iPhones for e.g. are great at simply taking pictures.

Soldato
The new font is not an improvement. Change for change sake.

Agreed, the green is not my cup of tea. Though the chameleon version looks tidy..... Edit... This looks like it was just a rumour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom