**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Colour choices have gone weird since the 7 series, no idea why, although I've warmed up to the blue on the 7TP now.

Looks like an overall decent phone, and it's nice to finally have an official IP rating and wireless charging, so it properly competes with everyone else now in terms of features. Will be interesting to see how the MEMC chip works but I usually turn frame interpolation on TVs off since I can find it makes some videos feel a bit too unnatural. I'm curious on the upgraded vibration motor as well, I actually enjoy the haptic feedback the 7TP gives and is the first phone I have it left on. Still, I have no plans to upgrade, it feels like a small step from the 7T series.

Is there any mention the wireless charging will be Qi compatible?

Soldato
Colour choices have gone weird since the 7 series, no idea why, although I've warmed up to the blue on the 7TP now.

Looks like an overall decent phone, and it's nice to finally have an official IP rating and wireless charging, so it properly competes with everyone else now in terms of features. Will be interesting to see how the MEMC chip works but I usually turn frame interpolation on TVs off since I can find it makes some videos feel a bit too unnatural. I'm curious on the upgraded vibration motor as well, I actually enjoy the haptic feedback the 7TP gives and is the first phone I have it left on. Still, I have no plans to upgrade, it feels like a small step from the 7T series.

Is there any mention the wireless charging will be Qi compatible?
Yes 10w on a Qi EPP charger

Last edited:
Soldato
After watching a couple of quick reviews, the curves on the screen is definitely more harsh on the 8 series compared to the 7 series. This was the reason why I avoided earlier Samsung phones, since I found with that I did more accidental side touches, while I had not much issues with the 7TP since it wasn't as deep.

One thing they didn't mention on the launch video, OnePlus Shelf seems to be gone from the launcher and is now replaced by Google Feed, which should tempt more Pixel users.

And looking at the size difference between the 8 and 8 Pro... it doesn't really seem to be that much... I don't think I can really call the 8 "compact".

Soldato
Still seeing a lot of people crying about the headphone jack. I just bought an adaptor, works fine, no issues :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if more they have established a flagship competing phone they look to broaden their range with another killer midrange phone. They are the number one brand in India so makes sense to put out more affordable phones too.

Associate
Watched a few videos and surprisingly I'm not slightly tempted by either phone. The punch hole really bothers me and the software updates always come to the previous devices. Camera would be the reason to upgrade but I don't love cameras to that point.

Back
Top Bottom