Doom Eternal

Caporegime
Thanks for sharing that HDR vid - I actually got Doom Eternal to look perfect with its in game sliders (was just the mid whites that needed lowering i believe) but i did notice, at 4K 60fps, using their HDR introduced a micro stutter. I was still getting 90+ frames per second so it wasnt the GPU/CPU issue.

Now, I have a very high bandwitch HDMI cable, but i cant be sure if its the TV itself struggling to handle 60fps HDR 4K signal, or the game code itself doing something odd at higher resolutions.

Anyone else playing at 4K with HDR on?

Yes, and to be honest I've not noticed any micro stuttering.

3840x2160
Ultra Nightmare graphics settings (other than shadows, which is one lower)
LG C9 OLED with G-sync enabled.

Spec in signature

ne0

ne0

Associate
Finished it on ultra nightmare a couple of days ago. I need to sit down for the rest of the week and relax after that!

You are hardcore, I can't imagine how stressful that must be! Not even going to attempt that, ultra violence is enough of a challenge for me! :D

Associate
Have any of you guys tried the Multiplayer? Is it me or is it heavily in favour of the demons? managed to take out 1 demon with the ballista, but 2 is pretty tough going especially seeing as the demon fodder they give you, isn't exactly fodder.

Soldato
Keyboard and mouse. I couldn't even imagine trying to complete Ultra Nightmare on a controller!

I skipped all but two slayer gates...no chance I was attempting those.

Soldato
I started this again on PC last night (I'm about 3/4 through on PS4)

Its soooooo much easier on a mouse and keyboard.

Im steaming through the demons on ultra violence. Might have to up the difficulty. :p

Still not a massive fan of the game but I'm not gonna pass up on a cheap double dip CD key.

Associate
Tried the MP again today. 1 game i managed to kill 1 demon twice in the round and had the marauder almost dead but all they gotta do is run away and wait for the other to respawn. Stupid idea. Next game i picked a demon and i fell through the floor right at the start of the game and had to quit. Gave up.

Associate
Yes, and to be honest I've not noticed any micro stuttering.

3840x2160
Ultra Nightmare graphics settings (other than shadows, which is one lower)
LG C9 OLED with G-sync enabled.

Spec in signature

Ah, looks like its either my low-mid range Samsung TV, or the cable I have doesn't quite cut the mustard then.
Im running on almost exactly same spec as yours, my cpu is a 2600X but that wont affect this res.

Thanks for sharing

Associate
Figured it out.

A side note the platform sections put me off before playing the game from others players but after playing it about half way through so far I don’t mind them at all.

Last edited:
Associate
Something wrong here with my game. On the main mission select menu and mission select on the Fortress of Doom its got the slayer gates i didnt do first time round as incomplete(purple). When i actually load the mission/level its all greeen and complete.

Soldato
Just completed Doom Eternal, what a fantastic game. So such fun and such an adrenaline rush throughout. 9/10 Immense experience!

Having recently completed Doom 2016, then this, I do feel that Doom 2016 edged it slightly, In eternal ammo kept running out, I swear this was never a problem though in Doom 2016.

I'm struggling to even bother to finish eternal, they boasted about big maps but it all seems so small, I can hack 30 to 60 mins just getting bored now... 2016 was much better,

Associate
Just finished Doom 2016 in preparation for this, thought it was a great Doom reboot. But am very interested in the direction it looks like they've taken with Eternal, expanding it to be a bit more Quake like. Without any spoilers, did people find the story satisfying generally? Think that will be the deciding factor for me

Caporegime
It's definitely more rich though I wasn't fully paying attention in either game, as I just wanted to shoot things in the head. If you enjoyed the story in 2016 I think you will be satisfied with Eternal.

I am on part 2 of The Icon of Sin - don't want this game to end :(.

Back
Top Bottom