MITX Board that will take a Ryzen 5 3600 straight out of box.

Associate
Its been about 6 years since I've built a PC so am totally out of it as regards to latest PC hardware.

I'm struggling finding an MITX board that'll take a Ryzen 5 3600 without need of updating first. I'll aso probably stick an RX5700 in there as well along with 32GB ram.

Any ideas?

Associate
I recently got an Asrock B450 ITX which was running a BIOS that supported the 3 series CPUs, it had stickers on the outside of the box stating such. I have the same motherboard I bought last year from memory which did not.

Might be worth checking with retailers directly, imagine other manufacturers may do the same.

Soldato
Same here with a Gigabyte. Pretty sure it's the case for all new stock across all manufacturers. So unless you get unlucky and get a board that's been knocking around the warehouse for a year, you'll be fine.

If you do find you have a problem, AMD will loan you a CPU so you can do the update.

Soldato
Take a look at the DTX form factor, specifically the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII. It makes use of the overhang of the GPU by stretching the motherboard just a little.

Associate
The board is slightly bigger which gives it room for additional features like extra M.2 drives.

No extra M.2 drives. It is still 2 which matches the other Gigabyte and Asus X570 ITX boards. The Asrock only has 1 M.2 though so avoid this one unless you need that Thunderbolt 3.

I struggle to find any benefit of Impact over the boards, and being DTX really restricts case choice.

Just go for either the Gigabyte or Asus Strix X570 ITX.

Back
Top Bottom