What watch do you wear?

daz

daz

Soldato
I have a Steinhart Ocean 39 rose gold which is very similar to that. It's a bit of a Yachtmaster 'homage'.

Not my photo...
npHHZ45.jpg

Associate
If you contact DLW Watches on Instagram you can request that exact build and they will mod one for you and ship it out. The cost isn't huge either! A Mate wanted a Turtle "Explorer" mod with custom hands and he was quoted £375 inc shipping few months ago.

Worth a shot!

They also have some readily done Seiko mods for sale.

Lume shot wants 850 dollars for it.

Soldato
I've been wearing a skx007k1 for a while now. Just recently found out about the Seiko modding community and been tinkering with the idea. I don't have the tools or skills to do it myself so will be likely send it out to Tempus watch mods.

What's stopping me is with the skx being discontinued,I feel like I should keep it stock and just get a different one built from scratch.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you're gonna have it for the forseable future then doesn't make sense to then have two of the same watch. It's not a watch that's going to go up in value so you may as well make it exactly how you want it and parts will always be available for these mass produced models all the time as you've seen the mod community is huge and every watchmaker out there will have parts in stock online etc!

Lume shot wants 850 dollars for it.
Coomplete modded? Granted some places will be higher than others but mate's quote was under £400 and shipped from Europe!

Has anyone been making use of covid-19 isolation by doing any watch photography? I was watching a watch video by Bark & Jack last weekend on how he shoots watches and had the urge to try out a few things with natural light and how allowing some light to bounce off the crystal edge or other areas adds more depth etc:

BJ_idea_2.jpg
BJ_idea_3.jpg

BJ_idea_4.jpg
BJ_idea_1.jpg

Wish I had a large collection now for this purpose lol.

Associate
If you're gonna have it for the forseable future then doesn't make sense to then have two of the same watch. It's not a watch that's going to go up in value so you may as well make it exactly how you want it and parts will always be available for these mass produced models all the time as you've seen the mod community is huge and every watchmaker out there will have parts in stock online etc!

Coomplete modded? Granted some places will be higher than others but mate's quote was under £400 and shipped from Europe!

Has anyone been making use of covid-19 isolation by doing any watch photography? I was watching a watch video by Bark & Jack last weekend on how he shoots watches and had the urge to try out a few things with natural light and how allowing some light to bounce off the crystal edge or other areas adds more depth etc:

Wish I had a large collection now for this purpose lol.

Yep, Is it from DLW about 400 in europe?

Soldato
Yeah, it's my first 'proper' watch so will be kept for the foreseeable future. I don't think it'll go up in value either. It'll be a standard movement, sapphire, ceramic insert mod so it'll still retain some skx007 resemblance.

Soldato
The pin strip dial was what first attracted me to it. When the light hits the dial, the pin strips really shine (and go a much lighter colour, almost white). Loving the simplistic design of your grand sieko too!

P.S no, I don't think mine has an independent hour hand.

Associate
Hope everyone is well, I am in the market for a Rolex datejust in 18k gold, 36mm +, not fussed if it is new, more so that the watch is in good condition and authentic. Any ideas on the best place to look / going rates?

Thanks all!

Soldato
Soldato
Definitely go with a reputable outlet for one of those - I'd imagine these testing times are providing a very convincing sales spiel and added incentive for those wishing to sell fakes as the real deal.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not sorry :D

This popped up on my feed this evening, Yema have released their new French Military piece which does look rather stunning in both black and silver. If I was in the market for a new watch then I'd definitely pick this up. All French made with in-house movement too and a style that stands out on its own considering it's a dive watch. I like that approach. The French are rather good at watches (still).

https://eu.yema.com/blogs/news/pres...n+French+Air+Force&utm_campaign=PRESS+RELEASE

Huge fan that they offer 39mm and 41mm size options.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
19mm is quite thin! I had that on my Seiko 5 and felt 19mm straps just felt too weedy! 20mm is definitely the sweet spot IMO for width and thickness!

I have emailed Yema to see if they'd be up for a collaboration. More info to come :cool:

Edit*
I really really like the Zero G chrono with blue dial. It's a quartz but that's for a specific reason explained here:
https://eu.yema.com/products/yema-spacegraf-zero-g-steel-blue-ymhf2019-gg?utm_medium=cpc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom