iRacing

Associate
Practicing Barcelona but it just isn't clicking for some reason, keep losing the car expecting to have more grip than I actually do

Soldato
Got my first ever podium tonight :D:D

Mazda on the Charlotte Roval track.
Qualified 5th.
2nd lap got hit, spun and ended 10th
Had the best race I've ever had and got 2nd!!!!!!! Unreal.

Still can't get below 1.37.5 n that track, people are hitting 1.33s!

Associate

Qualified 5th.

Congratulations on the podium. I haven't played iracing for years but resubbed this afternoon. I've got a C licence but thought I'd give the rookie mx5 and Charlotte a try and it was great. I qualified 3rd with a 1.41 time but at turn 5 on lap 1 i just clipped the wall which I thought wrecked my race. Got to the pits, done the repair and came out in 7th and battled for about 4 laps with 2 other guys and I ended up 5th. It was such a buzz. I'm hooked!!

Soldato

Qualified 5th.

The main part on Roval I found was the Chicane and last corner, so much time to be made up there

Soldato
As good as the F3 car is, it appears the actual races are full of wannabe Senna's.. taken completely out of the race on the 1st in two races. Quality
I'm enjoying the F3 at the moment, more so than the BMW GTE, the GTE races tend to be really argy bargy and I end up with a lot of IP which is not helping my safety rating, its like every F3 race I do just makes up for what I lose on the BMW...:mad: Yeah I do see a lot of crashes in F3, I put it down to how easy the brakes are to lock, but more often than not I've been fortunate enough to drive round/through the carnage unscathed.
I'm on the pace but I've been struggling with consistency, especially at the start of the races, the extra weight and cold tires make braking a nightmare. I usually qualify on the front 2 rows, if I make it beyond lap two without binning it I'm good for the rest of the race, if not I end up fighting though from the back.

What I find with the F3's is that you can properly chuck it in corners at speed, faster you go the harder it sticks, absolute riot through turns 2-7 its on rails!!! I do struggle a bit through the Melbourne Hairpin, hitting the brakes there is sketchy, walking on eggshells, I often miss my mark especially when following, where I end up wide.
I felt really bad last night on one race where I clipped the rear left on some dude on the hairpin, completely clean race up to that point, got caught out under braking just locked the front right slightly and lightly kissed his tire (he did brake mega early), pushed him into a slight half spin/slide (I received no IP for it) however he then got collected by the next driver and he got wiped out. I could do nothing but apologise, I felt so bad!:o:(

Soldato
Check out this clown out to wreck people's races.
I'm lapping him on the outside, they are 4 laps down and the driver deliberately takes me out. Luckily I still finished 3rd even with a 2+ min pitstop.

Soldato
Im on the D license one, Pure Driving School Formula Sprint, I'll add you later when I'm on Knifey.

Check out this clown out to wreck people's races.
I'm lapping him on the outside, they are 4 laps down and the driver deliberately takes me out. Luckily I still finished 3rd even with a 2+ min pitstop.

WTF, I'd be reporting that, when you are paying so much for a service, you shouldnt expect to have to deal with that sort of behaivour. Mistakes and lack of talent are one thing but thats the sort of **** that should get you a suspension, 1 week for the first incident, 1 month for the next, perma-ban for the third.

On a more positive note, I had an absolute blast last night ringing the neck of the Skippy round the Nordschleife , quite possibly one of the best sim racing experiences i've had in a long time. litterally nose to tail for two and a bit laps, jostling and swapping places, started 14th got up to 2nd until I had a bit of a tank slapper out on the back end of the circuit, which put me back into 4th where I finished.

Soldato
Yep, that is a slam dunk protest. Make sure you save the reply to include in the protest as it massively helps your case, although they do accept protests using YT clips. You can also protest races you weren't in, for example if someone does something retarded in a Twitch stream.

Associate
Racing last night at Donnington in the BMW 12.0 series I was doing well. I had studied a learn the track in the M8 GTE video and had sufficient practice so knew the track well especially as it is one of my favourite tracks to race in sim.

Was racing in 3rd position with 4th about 1 second behind. I noticed every single time driving down the last straight before the chicane and then down the starting grid stretch to turn one the car behind would be flashing his headlights constantly and I caught this in the virtual rear view I had on screen. Now I was racing clean, competitive and properly. What was his game, if it was to distract me it worked as I missed my breaking mark and went completely off managing to get back on with a x4 and finishing 7th. That was my only incident in the race.

Soldato
People like to flash the lights in the BMW. Sometimes they think they are quicker and it’s a trigger to get you to move over. I had Archie Hamilton do it to me on Brands, I let him go then he crashed on the next corner :p

Associate
People like to flash the lights in the BMW. Sometimes they think they are quicker and it’s a trigger to get you to move over. I had Archie Hamilton do it to me on Brands, I let him go then he crashed on the next corner :p

I am guessing as long as I am not blocking I am free to continue what I am doing and ignore them then.

Associate
I am guessing as long as I am not blocking I am free to continue what I am doing and ignore them then.

My understanding is that unless you are being lapped, you don't need to move over. Even if you're in a multiclass race, its the faster cars responsibility to find a way around, not the slower cars responsibility to move out of the way.

Soldato
A question on DQ's
Before qualifying myself and two other drivers got DQ and we hadn't even left the pits - in the results we are 'DQ/Scoring Invalidated'. Any ideas why?

Soldato
Four clean races this evening - auto promotion to C (SR 4.0)
  • 3 wins from pole
  • A 2nd place from starting 11th

49785839591_0404f5817e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom