Crysis Remastered 2020

Caporegime
Hard to believe the original release is coming up on 13 years old. And it took a decent chunk of that time to be able to get hardware to run it maxed out.

Man of Honour
Hard to believe the original release is coming up on 13 years old. And it took a decent chunk of that time to be able to get hardware to run it maxed out.

It’s why I get frustrated when people grumble about games not running maxed out. It’s great, it means they’ll scale well with hardware over the years. I can’t believe Crysis still looks so good and in many ways does things than no game has done since.

Soldato
Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game’s single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be added where applicable. Further additions such as volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections provide the game with a major visual upgrade.

Womp womp

I knew it was going to be like that based on the CE roadmap but... meh. Oh well.

Soldato
It’s why I get frustrated when people grumble about games not running maxed out. It’s great, it means they’ll scale well with hardware over the years. I can’t believe Crysis still looks so good and in many ways does things than no game has done since.
But in Crysis case it was a poorly coded game. Yes it pushed tech, but many a docu-series has revealed the massive flaws in the game code that lead to this game running like a dog.

Permabanned
But in Crysis case it was a poorly coded game. Yes it pushed tech, but many a docu-series has revealed the massive flaws in the game code that lead to this game running like a dog.

I didn't run like a dog though. I played it through several times on two different graphics cards. It scaled pretty well with the hardware.

It may well have not been very well optimised but "running like a dog" is not true.

Back
Top Bottom