**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Caporegime
£4 a month though. Astoundingly cheap for this and all the other available games.
I guess so. Another way of looking at it is that if I want to play FS for 5 years and am only interested in that game as far as MS goes, it will cost me £240 via that mechanism.

Let's see what the pricing model is first I guess. There might be an option to pay a one off fee and have server streaming in perpetuity.

Man of Honour
I guess so. Another way of looking at it is that if I want to play FS for 5 years and am only interested in that game as far as MS goes, it will cost me £240 via that mechanism.

Let's see what the pricing model is first I guess. There might be an option to pay a one off fee and have server streaming in perpetuity.

I dont think there will be a monthly fee for the game, MS FS history is one where they make their money off of the thousands and thousands of $$ for all the hundreds of expansions and dlc packs and what not. I'm guessing they'll do the same, hundreds of aircraft DLC, skins and so on, all at £9.99 a pop or something.

Caporegime

Another thing to consider is that any later add ons from Microsoft will probably be included in game pass, whereas it will be an additional cost with the standalone version.

Soldato
Flew the Airbus last night from London to Glasgow. Honestly very stunning aircraft but it does need a complete overhaul on how it handles. Feels more like a f15 than Airbus. Got some stunning photos at 20,000ft though ;P

Associate
Did I see that correctly; some of you are seeing upwards of 29GB system RAM usage? I'm wondering if I should upgrade from 32GB to 64GB.

Has anyone seen more than 8 CPU cores being used more than 50% each at the same time?

Any word on SLI use/support? Is the game DX12 only or is there a Vulkan option?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Did I see that correctly; some of you are seeing upwards of 29GB system RAM usage? I'm wondering if I should upgrade from 32GB to 64GB.

Has anyone seen more than 8 CPU cores being used more than 50% each at the same time?

Any word on SLI use/support? Is the game DX12 only or is there a Vulkan option?

Can't comment on the first two questions, but on the DX12 side of things, well DX12 is from MS, and Vulkan is not. That's probably enough to clench the deal.

Back
Top Bottom