** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Well to be fair, it was the first game I bought when I got my first PC. I hadn't played a game for about 15 years so I didn't realise at the time just how awkward it was. I did go back to it a couple of years later and couldn't put up with dodgy camera angles and controls so I guess at the time I just didn't know any better!
Those were like the least of that games problems though. Lol :p

Soldato
It's not worth starting a new thread for the other RE story doing the rounds as a) it's still only a rumour, and b) the alleged release is in 2022........

But it's rumoured that RE4 is being remade by M-Two, which is a studio backed by Capcom, and headed by former Platinum Games head Tatsuya Minami. The project apparently has Shinji Mikami's blessing, but won't have his direct involvement.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
It's not worth starting a new thread for the other RE story doing the rounds as a) it's still only a rumour, and b) the alleged release is in 2022........

But it's rumoured that RE4 is being remade by M-Two, which is a studio backed by Capcom, and headed by former Platinum Games head Tatsuya Minami. The project apparently has Shinji Mikami's blessing, but won't have his direct involvement.
Thought the rumour was next year, likely less than 12 months from now. Don’t see why it ain’t worth it, but I suppose that is your opinion which I do not share.

Shame they are going for a cash grab by going for a RE4 remake and skipping Code Veronica.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I actually have RE 7 on my PC, but havent even tried it yet, got it cheap a while ago, would you say its worth a try ? im more into the original raccoon city trilogy, i would need to go into it with nostalga glasses off, RE 8 i have to be honest and say im not 2 excited, but it will be interesting to see what it will bring with the next gen capabilities

RE7 is amazing and my favourite horror game.

Soldato
Naturally, take all this with a shotgun shell-full of salt. There are more details emerging from Dusk Golem, the Capcom insider behind the initial supposed leak. They're saying that RE 8 will be the darkest/most gruesome in the series so far, including some disturbing enemy designs. Story on DSOG.

Soldato
Capcom are rumoured to be making a Resi-related announcement in a couple of weeks. Hoping it's related to 8 rather than the remake of 4 (although I'd still welcome that title in general).

Highest-ranked members of Capcom’s Resident Evil Ambassador programme have been informed that a Resident Evil announcement will take place on June 10.

source

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Capcom are rumoured to be making a Resi-related announcement in a couple of weeks. Hoping it's related to 8 rather than the remake of 4 (although I'd still welcome that title in general).

source
I recon it will be RE8 :)

I really do hope they remake Code Veronica after they finish working on RE4. After that they can do RE0. I don't see why they should not remake them all at this point as they have a separate team that do this.

Also I would love if they remastered the originals and release as one package once done with the remakes, as they changed the remakes too much for my liking and I do enjoy playing the originals. Using machine learning they can increase the resolution of the videos and per-rendered backgrounds and then update the models a little and add some anti-aliasing.

Associate
I can understand remaking the old games to make them modern and over the shoulder view but what are they going to do with res 4? A graphical overhaul maybe and controls tweak as the controls weren't great!

There much better concentrating on Code Veronica and res 0.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I can understand remaking the old games to make them modern and over the shoulder view but what are they going to do with res 4? A graphical overhaul maybe and controls tweak as the controls weren't great!

There much better concentrating on Code Veronica and res 0.
I agree, but I think they are trying to link 3 and 4 better this time, also they are going with a game that will likely sell better first. I would have much preferred if they remade CV. Then after that on a new next gen engine remake RE, RE0, then finally RE4. But oh well, maybe we will get Code Veronica on a next gen engine.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just saw the trailer for this from the PS5 event. Not very resident evil like, but looks good as a horror game, so lets see how it turns out.

When watching it before it was revealed as RE8 I was saying to my self please don't be RE8, please don't be RE8. Just feels like it should be a different IP. But oh well, that is just a trailer, will judge it when I play it.

Oh and at the end it said COMING 2021.

Back
Top Bottom