*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
DCS World currently offering modules on a freebie trial for the month.

The interiors are clear and crisp on the Index, id imagine the Rift wouldn't be far behind. If you tried it before and passed, you might want to look again.

Soldato
Borderlands 2 @-50% for the first time. Very underrated as a VR game, the full geometry depth and scale really pops out the stylised graphics that look pin sharp and glide at over 120hz if you've an Index.

Soldato
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad is £9.99 @Steam nice little surprise as i only got my quest last friday and love anything IL2

I once did a flying experience from a (since closed) Air museum in Cornwall, in a Chipmunk trainer. I even got to fly it for about 10 minutes - and I can tell you that PC flight experience using a flight stick and rudder pedals does actually translate into the ability to control the real thing as long as you're not doing aerobatics.

Anyway the point is that when I got a Rift CV1 and IL2 in VR and I was flying one of the planes I got flashbacks to the time I was flying the Chimpunk.
It's THAT realistic and immersive. Well worth getting (even if I can't fly in IL2 well at all.)

Associate
I once did a flying experience from a (since closed) Air museum in Cornwall, in a Chipmunk trainer. I even got to fly it for about 10 minutes - and I can tell you that PC flight experience using a flight stick and rudder pedals does actually translate into the ability to control the real thing as long as you're not doing aerobatics.

Anyway the point is that when I got a Rift CV1 and IL2 in VR and I was flying one of the planes I got flashbacks to the time I was flying the Chimpunk.
It's THAT realistic and immersive. Well worth getting (even if I can't fly in IL2 well at all.)

I flew an X wing fighter in project stardust today and think I understand what your saying ! I played il2 when it 1st came out and as realistic as it gets I always felt disoriented looking around when flying but flying the X wing in VR felt so natural looking around for tie fighters
Looking forward to trying this out

thanks for the insight
P.s what fight controllers do you use ?

Associate
Ha ha snap
yep had the same set but sold them in 2017 when I got rid of my pc setup for a laptop :(

just didnt have any pedals, so prob going to have to buy the lot again given I’m into my flight sim stuff

Soldato
Currently using an X52 Pro with some old CH Pedals that I've converted to USB with an adaptor. I don't use the pedals for Elite (stick twist works better there), but they work well for flight sims.
X52Pro and an old set of simped vario pro's here, I definitely use the rudder pedals for elite, find the twist is better used for lateral thrust in elite, only issue is I occasionally try to use the same in IL2 lmao :D

Soldato
I got it at this price a few weeks ago and it's become my "go to" lockdown game, so cool just sat there floating about in space! Don't have a clue what I'm doing though

It's certainly very engrossing. I've been watching some youtube clips which helps. I bought Alyx before this and still have to finish it though but I am savouring that. There are no deals for Alyx I'm afraid.

Associate
It's certainly very engrossing. I've been watching some youtube clips which helps. I bought Alyx before this and still have to finish it though but I am savouring that. There are no deals for Alyx I'm afraid.

Alyx was a bit of an impulse buy for me the night before launch, it's a good game and I enjoyed playing it but it's the last time I'll be paying £40 for a pc game, got my money's worth I guess but it just didn't feel "ground breaking" enough for me!

Soldato
Alyx was a bit of an impulse buy for me the night before launch, it's a good game and I enjoyed playing it but it's the last time I'll be paying £40 for a pc game, got my money's worth I guess but it just didn't feel "ground breaking" enough for me!

I would hesitate to pay £40 for a VR game. I don't even like paying £40 for a PC game full stop. Luckily I got Alyx free with the Index so I didn't have to fork out extra.

After the modding kit drops and we start getting Alyx mods then the £40 price may seem like a bargain, as it'll be the gateway to a whole heap of content. Potentially it could make a HL2 VR conversion with proper tracked controller support possible.

I would hesitate to pay £40 for a VR game. I don't even like paying £40 for a PC game full stop. Luckily I got Alyx free with the Index so I didn't have to fork out extra.

After the modding kit drops and we start getting Alyx mods then the £40 price may seem like a bargain, as it'll be the gateway to a whole heap of content. Potentially it could make a HL2 VR conversion with proper tracked controller support possible.

I'm glad I did pay for it though, it's kept me going through this lock down. Living alone during these times isn't easy. It was easily worth it for me and that is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom