Asus X570 TUF (Wi-Fi) Plus - Updates. Tips & Troubleshooting

Latest BIOS update

2021/06/19
20.43Mb

1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch A
2. Improve system stability

To download the latest BIOS and older versions please visit:
https://www.asus.com/uk/motherboard...ies/tuf-gaming-x570-plus-wi-fi/HelpDesk_BIOS/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft said:
Windows 11 requirements
06/24/2021
3 minutes to read

Applies to

Windows 11
This article lists the system requirements for Windows 11. Windows 11 is also supported on a virtual machine (VM).

Hardware requirements
To install or upgrade to Windows 11, devices must meet the following minimum hardware requirements:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC).
RAM: 4 gigabytes (GB) or greater.
Storage: 64 GB* or greater available storage is required to install Windows 11.
Additional storage space might be required to download updates and enable specific features.
Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later, with a WDDM 2.0 driver.
System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
Display: High definition (720p) display, 9" or greater monitor, 8 bits per color channel.
Internet connection: Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates, and to download and use some features.
Windows 11 Home edition requires an Internet connection and a Microsoft Account to complete device setup on first use.
* There might be additional requirements over time for updates, and to enable specific features within the operating system. For more information, see Keeping Windows 11 up-to-date.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/windows-11-requirements

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...otection/tpm/trusted-platform-module-overview

TPM SPI Module
Part number: 90MC07D0-M0XBN0

• Designed with 14(-1) pin and SPI interface
• Chip: Nuvoton NPCT750, compliant with TCG specification Family “2.0” Rev1.38
• Common Criteria EAL4+ Certified
• FIPS 140-2 Certified
• CE and RoHS Compliance

51xlMTtbZsL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Troubleshooting and tips

• No display signal / blank screen / monitor goes into standby on power up.

By default CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is disabled.
Hence the motherboard is in full UEFI mode and will use an certified GOP display driver by default.
If your graphics card is not UEFI compatible this could cause this issue of a blank screen on start up.
*All new generation cards should be compatible out-of-the-box.

Fixes / possible workarounds

- Check for an VBIOS / DP update for your graphics card model.
For example see: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

- Try changing the DisplayPort version to be used in your monitor OSD settings from v1.4 to v1.2.

- Try using HDMI, entering the BIOS and enabling CSM.
THEN try switching back to DisplayPort.

Got anything to add that would be useful and would help others out?
Post it here and I'll add it to this second post.

Last edited:
Associate
Not to worry, all sorted. Very easy upgrade from 1405 and nice to have the bus at 100 instead of 99.8. Seems to boost higher in games although that may just be me looking for it. Certainly doesn't have a noticeable impact on performance.

Associate
OP
Thanks for this. Is it possible to export my BIOS settings to a USB and then just import them all back in after the update or do I have to re-enter everything?

Yes exporting and importing to .CMO and .TXT file works with a USB memory stick (and is the safest way to retain your settings).
If you upgrade via an USB memory stick using the built-in flash utility it shouldn't erase any profile saves you have in the BIOS.

r22snapper said:
Not to worry, all sorted.

;)

Associate
Hi I just signed up to talk about this. I seemed have upgraded to bios 1407 and get the error where i put the motherboard to sleep wake it and the picture never comes up. Is this thread related to that?

Associate
OP
Hi I just signed up to talk about this. I seemed have upgraded to bios 1407 and get the error where i put the motherboard to sleep wake it and the picture never comes up. Is this thread related to that?

No that's an different issue to the one described above.
It's not one I've come across as I don't use the sleep or hibernate functions.

Have any more details?

Associate
I seem to have a weird issue where when i put the computer to sleep and I try to wake it (via keyboard/mouse/power button) the computer starts but no video signal. In addition, the case (275r carbide from corsair) blinks its lights as if to indicate its still in standby. My specs are:

• ryzen 7 2700x w/ wraith prism rgb cooler (plugged in cpu 1 + cpu 2 power ports)

• asus tuf x570 plus (no wifi) motherboard, bios 1405 ( tried 1407 upgrade but still same issue)

• 16gb (2 x 8gb) t force delta rgb ram (in DCOP mode to run at 3000mhz)

• asus rog 1070 strix (with firmware patch for display port)

• samsung 970evo plus 500gb (ran firm ware update)

• gigabyte gc-wb867d-i wifi + bluetooth card (thought i would include this just in case)

• corsair rmx 750 fully modular psu gold 80+

• thermal take pure 12 rgb fans (dunno if this makes a difference)

• corsair carbide 275r tempered glass case
Here is what I have tried (together and isolated):

• did a bios update from 1405 to 1407 (latest as of writing this)

• enabled compatibility mode (for legacy + uefi)

• did the driver updates for the gpu and any updates suggested by armoury crate (sound driver, lan driver, and chipset driver)

• updated windows to 1909 update ( also tried on 1 version before that)

• checked and installed all updates

• fresh install of windows

• played around with sleep/wake functions and hibernate

• edited a registery value (hkey local machine current control settings control power -> csendabled value)

• swap of gpu (used a radeon card 570 mini saphire)

• ram swap to different model ram (vengeance pro lpx)

• monitor swap

• ram is in correct orientation and position per motherboard manual

• gpu is in top slot as recommended
I am hoping it isnt a bad motherboard. Looking for any other tips people can suggest.

UPDATE:

- i checked the compatibility list for my motherboard and it says my ram is not on their list of supported memory. But checking T force ram packaging and their website, they claim to be compliant and compatible.

Back
Top Bottom