How many games do you actually play?

Soldato
I own a hundred or so on Steam (at a guess) and a number on other launchers but I personally use my pc to play Dota 2 and I've never launched another game in a few weeks.

I imagine a lot of people probably do similar with just Fortnite, COD, Bf, or Cs :go etc.

We are all hardware enthusiasts but how many of us honestly commit to that many games?

Am I the only one who just tends to play one?

Man of Honour
I tend to have 5-7 games on the go at any one time, these are almost always 5-7 different genres. I play a lot so I find it helps to keep things fresh if I can hop from genre to genre rather than just stick to a single gamestyle 7 days a week.

Basically I have " genre slots" in my playing rotation, so I'll have an offline FPS (something of the Prey/Doom ilk), an online FPS (something like Battlefield/Escape from Tarkov), a co-op title (along the lines of Division 2/The Forest) , a strategy title (like Total War, Civilization etc) , an RPG (like Assassins Creed/Divinity Original Sin), a base/city builder sort of game (Satisfactory/Oxygen Not Included/Subnautica sort of thing) and so on.

Then once I finish a title in a slot I look to replace it with a new game in that slot. Just like to mix things up a bit as I think I would burn out quickly just playing one style over and over.

I play a lot though and even with cycling I put in a lot of time, 450 hours on Oxygen Not Included, over 1000 hours on Civ 6, 200 hours on Assasins Creed Odyssey, 120 hours on Battlefield 1, 200 hours on The Division etc

Soldato
I tend to have 5-7 games on the go at any one time, these are almost always 5-7 different genres. I play a lot so I find it helps to keep things fresh if I can hop from genre to genre rather than just stick to a single gamestyle 7 days a week.

Basically I have " genre slots" in my playing rotation, so I'll have an offline FPS (something of the Prey/Doom ilk), an online FPS (something like Battlefield/Escape from Tarkov), a co-op title (along the lines of Division 2/The Forest) , a strategy title (like Total War, Civilization etc) , an RPG (like Assassins Creed/Divinity Original Sin), a base/city builder sort of game (Satisfactory/Oxygen Not Included/Subnautica sort of thing) and so on.

Then once I finish a title in a slot I look to replace it with a new game in that slot. Just like to mix things up a bit as I think I would burn out quickly just playing one style over and over.
This is basically me. I have about 350 games in my Steam library as well as many in the Rockstar launcher, Origins and Ubisoft launchers. I don't get to play as much as I used to with having young kids but I hope one day I'll be able to get back to it again

Soldato
I can't have anymore than two on the go usually, an online shooter which has been hunt Showdown for the last two years and a single player which is currently Dying Light The Following

Sometimes I might have a racing game on the go too but that's rare

Soldato
I would say I normally commit to one sp game at a time and have one mp game on the go too.

I moved to console back in 2014 and have played through a lot of single player titles since then. 30 hours here, 50 hours there interspersed with online gaming on call of duty, bf1 and tf2.

I bought a gaming laptop a couple of weeks ago and have installed key titles from my steam, origin, Bethesda, battlenet, gog and rockstar launchers.

But overwhelmingly my time is currently spent on call of duty MW (I dont get that much gaming time, maybe 6-8hrs a week). But I have had an hour here or there on some sp stuff. Doom eternal, black mesa, supreme commander, c&c generals etc.

The main reason im on cod mw is because its new ish and actually quite good (compared to recent CoD titles) and the other pc based multiplayer games I like are only normally active in the evenings whereas my game time is predominantly during the day and I can always get a decent amount of games in on CoD. Tribes ascend is mostly dead but has some good community servers that only come alive at night.

Quake live is where I meet up with my old Q3 buddies but again they only come on from about 8PM.

Once MW goes a bit stale I will pick up some sp games again and I also have a massive catalogue on console too.

So many games - just not enough time! :p

Caporegime
I'm not interested in PvP multiplayer so never get "bogged down" by one game. I get to play a massive variety of single-player stuff. But with loads of games being so cheap/given away free on PC, it is still difficult to clear the backlog.

Associate
Got roughly 300 titles on steam and another 100 combined on other platforms. But I tend to play 1-2 games at a time, albeit never finishing them but moving on when I get bored. I really need to stop that but man, my attention span to certain games is extremely short.

Soldato
Lots of free games from steam, epic etc, xbox game pass too. Normally only have 2-3 games on the go. At the moment it's bannerlord, and then gears 5 with a mate when our schedules align (he's overseas, so it's not always smooth).

Soldato
I've got so many games that I've come to the realisation that I'm never going to complete any as I don't have the time, I could simply choose to focus on one, but I like to change often and vary my experience.

So I just dip into games whichever one I feel like. Currently I am quite sinking some time into Borderlands 3 though, it's a bit of an annoying game at first though, I need to ensure I get past the initial parts of the games to see the proper game to get a good feeling for the game.

It doesn't help Epic keep giving out free games, they're free, I'll sweep them up, KCD, JC4, AC, all brilliant for FREE.

Associate
I can't have anymore than two on the go usually, an online shooter which has been hunt Showdown for the last two years and a single player which is currently Dying Light The Following

Sometimes I might have a racing game on the go too but that's rare

Dying light is awesome and the buggy is great. hehe.

Ive usually got 2-3 on the go. Usually a shooter, and a RTS with a random. At the moment im playing ESO mostly, with a bit of Supreme Commander FA and FAF, and Doom Eternal and Destiny 2.

Soldato
I'm like 5 games away from 1,000 on Steam, and I'm at a stage where I want to play them. I'm playing games to complete the main story (not including dlc). So far I've probably finished around 6-10 games over the past month, today I finished of SpecOps The Line and Limbo. Yesterday I finished Adr1ft and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition. I've finished a few smaller titles also and point and click games.

I do have some games I'll never complete as either they are too difficult or just too much involved but I'm also playing This is the Police and Don't Feed the Monkeys. I'll play these until I feel I've had or seen enough and move on.

I'm not much into online games at the moment and having only what I'll play installed is helping me finish these games.

Associate
I'm like 5 games away from 1,000 on Steam, and I'm at a stage where I want to play them. I'm playing games to complete the main story (not including dlc). So far I've probably finished around 6-10 games over the past month, today I finished of SpecOps The Line and Limbo. Yesterday I finished Adr1ft and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition. I've finished a few smaller titles also and point and click games.

I do have some games I'll never complete as either they are too difficult or just too much involved but I'm also playing This is the Police and Don't Feed the Monkeys. I'll play these until I feel I've had or seen enough and move on.

I'm not much into online games at the moment and having only what I'll play installed is helping me finish these games.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
i played 3 different games over the past month and i feeling like i was played to much....

Soldato
I rarely play more than 2-3 at a time. Currently, it's Control and RE3 with some AC Origins expansions on the side.

Don't play anything online except some Tekken.

Soldato
Civ6 or XCOM 2 during the week when there's a lull in work (working from home)
Raft (with friends) once a week
Mount and Blade 2

Probably have about 300 games in total, about 20 installed. Should do a bit of a clear out really.

Back
Top Bottom