• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Regrets going from Intel to AMD?

Associate
I went from a 6700K @ 4.7 to a 3800X, and saw a big improvement. I have since swapped the 3800X for a 3900X.

I'm going to build my daughter a PC with the 3800X

I would also recommend the 8pack memory, I have 32GB of it.

Associate
OP
Associate
I would be tempted to ring Overclockers and either see what the lead time is on the memory or get someone to recommend something else with similar speed and timings, higher speed memory can always be downclocked to 3600mhz with much better timings. Regardless I would get 3600Mhz in some shape or form just to run IF at its correct speed.

Soldato
E-Die the new B-Die?

Micron E-Die has been considered the budget friendly over-clockers choice for a long while now, you used to be able to get a 16GB set for around £60 back before the prices started spiking. I even remember seeing a deal for £50 at one point, wish I'd bought a couple of sets at the time.

Samsung B-Die will generally still perform better, but the cost of the stuff has always been higher than it's worth in my eyes.

Caporegime
Micron E-Die has been considered the budget friendly over-clockers choice for a long while now, you used to be able to get a 16GB set for around £60 back before the prices started spiking. I even remember seeing a deal for £50 at one point, wish I'd bought a couple of sets at the time.

Samsung B-Die will generally still perform better, but the cost of the stuff has always been higher than it's worth in my eyes.

Ah ok thx :)

Associate
I went from a 6700K @ 4.7 to a 3800X, and saw a big improvement. I have since swapped the 3800X for a 3900X.

I'm going to build my daughter a PC with the 3800X

I would also recommend the 8pack memory, I have 32GB of it.

I have a 6700k myself but holding back until the next amd gen are released. What big improvements did you get/noticed coming from a 6700k? I mainly game on pubg, wow, war zone and not it much else really.

Associate
I have a 6700k myself but holding back until the next amd gen are released. What big improvements did you get/noticed coming from a 6700k? I mainly game on pubg, wow, war zone and not it much else really.

I mainly play IL2 flight simulator in VR, and noticed the sim played a lot smoother, I also have voice attack running while playing. After upgrading to the 3800X I felt my 1080 was holding my system back and swapped it for a 2080 Super. Now everything just runs so smoothly.

I bought my 3800X back in October, and only upgraded to a 3900X as I knew I could use the 3800X in my daughter's new PC. Plus the 3900X was a great price.

Soldato
Is it true once you go AMD you can't go back?

I see a lot of intel to amd movers but never the other way around, ain't no one going from amd to intel

Associate
OP
I've replaced the memory I ordered from 3200 to 3600.

I've gone for some crucial ballistix 3600 Mhz from another source.

I'm hoping these are compatible with motherboard. Should be here in the next couple of days hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom