Possible HOTkey solution to keybinds?

Associate
Hi all. I'm wondering if there is a way of running a kind of Windows hotkey application that when you press a certain key for a certain set duration (say 500 milliseconds) it then changes the input to a different keybind?
For example in most FPS games there are two separate keys, one for crouch and another one for prone position. Some games have adopted the console option of a certain keybind for crouch and holding the same one for prone. This is due to the lack of inputs a controller has but it's useful.
I was wondering if there is any way of having this across all games on pc by setting something up in the background? It would essentially double the amount of inputs on the left hand and I also use an mmo mouse with 12 programmable buttons so this would help customise keybinds a lot.
Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
Thanks. Yes I thought it could be. Done games carter for it like battlefield 4 has a key bind for crouch and separate one for prone but the a third one that says press for crouch and hold for prone. I wish all games had this option

Back
Top Bottom