Monitor returns policy

Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns
On this page you reference ISO 13406-2 but on the page linked this standard has been replaced with
ISO-9241-302, 303, 305, 307:2008 for pixel defects.

In the new standards, there are less faults allowed in the different class monitors compared with the old one referenced in your returns page.

Also your page says:
Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return.

As there are multiple classes in the standard which class are your suppliers held to? or if it's a per-monitor basis, how will I know which to expect from the product pages?

And which version of the standard are your suppliers held to? the new or the old?

Apologies if this is made clear somewhere else, I didn't find it. And I can't seem to see it on the product pages on the store.

Kind Regards

Soldato
While this won't specifically answer your question about the standards - but after dealing with OCUK for many years, they've been more than accommodating with any issues I've had (the main reason I buy my PC parts here even if they're a little more expensive). So I'd suggest that whatever ISO standard their return policy is written as, the reality is they'll likely go above and beyond it.

Aaaaaaaaand now I have to go get the taste of ass out of my mouth D:

Associate
OP
thanks for the guidance everyone!
It is useful to be reminded of that consumer protection. I can see I can protect myself from bad monitors using that.

Would be useful to still have clarification on the return policy regardless. For example if I noticed the dead pixels after the first 2 weeks that the law allowed for me to withdraw and within the 30 day acceptance period, I would need to know what constitutes unsatisfactory quality. And just to remove ambiguity for anyone else who looks into it and maybe doesn't ask.

Edit: And I can see there is a lot of good will from both customer and company here. So my concerns are assuaged.

Permabanned
within the 4 weeks even if you have a dead pixel you would just say .. i don't like it anymore .. simple
after that it would be up to a repair job from the manufacture depending on how many pixels they allow before repair ..
some would do just 1 others it must be 4 or more ..
TV & MONITOR PIXEL POLICY
Please be aware that all of our Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard - the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing "ISO 13406-2" and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return.

30 DAYS / ACCEPTANCE PERIOD (UK & EU)
You are entitled to reject goods if they are faulty (do not match the description, are not of satisfactory quality, or are not fit for purpose). You have up to 30 days to check the goods and contact us if there is a fault. You can decide to claim a refund or request a repair/replacement of the faulty product.

If you are returning for a refund, please include all packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags. Accessories and promotional items are part of the order and must be returned to ensure the full price of the product is refunded. Free games codes should be unused and still hidden.

Back
Top Bottom