New to Windows 10 & having trouble, blue screen & no internet

Soldato
Aw that means I've got to take the cooler off, that was a bugger to get on too :D would I need more thermal paste when reapplying?

For what it's worth, I checked the pins before I seated the CPU. Do you think they could have bent while in there, or?
I doubt they'll have bent while in in the socket, but you might have bent one on the way in without realising. This is one of the reasons I don't miss pins on Intel CPUs, but the pads in the socket are equally easy to bend.

You could re-apply the thermal paste if you can, otherwise it might get a little messy!

Associate
OP
I doubt they'll have bent while in in the socket, but you might have bent one on the way in without realising. This is one of the reasons I don't miss pins on Intel CPUs, but the pads in the socket are equally easy to bend.

You could re-apply the thermal paste if you can, otherwise it might get a little messy!

I really don't want to have to take it apart, but if I do it'll have to be tomorrow, I've been sat here for about 8 hours now and everything I've tried hasn't changed anything except the codes on the blue screens.

Only thing I know is that I may have a potentially faulty RAM stick (thanks to you btw, I wouldn't have known how to check that) but I don't want to send it back unless I'm 100% sure it's the issue.

and it really doesn't help that I don't know what I'm doing :D

Soldato
I really don't want to have to take it apart, but if I do it'll have to be tomorrow, I've been sat here for about 8 hours now and everything I've tried hasn't changed anything except the codes on the blue screens.

Only thing I know is that I may have a potentially faulty RAM stick (thanks to you btw, I wouldn't have known how to check that) but I don't want to send it back unless I'm 100% sure it's the issue.

and it really doesn't help that I don't know what I'm doing :D
I feel almost bad for you that nobody has noticed this thread to help you yet and that I can't help you as much I'd like to be able to.

Maybe try posting a new thread in General Hardware for more targetted responses. You might get more luck that way.

Associate
OP
I feel almost bad for you that nobody has noticed this thread to help you yet and that I can't help you as much I'd like to be able to.

Maybe try posting a new thread in General Hardware for more targetted responses. You might get more luck that way.

I think I will, though I know it's frowned upon from all my years of being a member of various forums it's important to post in the correct section lol

Back
Top Bottom