What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
@Jonny ///M nicely done on the clutch. Better the devil you know as they say. Car might not be worth a lot but you know it and with a good clutch you can have plenty more life out of it.

Cheers, happy with how it went.

Had what I felt like a stutter/misfire under load before and I thought coil pack or compression issue but it seems to rev freely.

Must have been due to brake fluid getting onto it maybe.

Associate
Changed cabin filter.

49788752302_086a2d978d_c.jpg

Oh and fitted a Corksport adjustable shifter and solid bushes to MPS.

49788438991_a584952f7f_c.jpg

Associate
How are you finding the shifter bushes? I've been considering getting mine changed myself.

I have literally only run down the road to my local supermarket, as I only fitted them yesterday. But the shift felt a lot less rubbery that is for sure.

I'll be able to give you a bit more of an opinion tomorrow when I go to work and back!

Soldato
Why not? Film crews use this kind of thing all the time.

Just thinking that with things like mascots, although not illegal per se, they have to mounted in such a way that they wouldn't cause additional injury to someone if struck by the vehicle. I'm pretty sure that camera mount would nicely mangle my shins if driven into!

Soldato
Finally got around to checking the throttle pot on the wedge (been meaning to do this since I got it). Idle was reading 0.260v - should be 0.325+/-0.25. Two minutes later and it was properly calibrated and seems to have instantly cured a flat spot I was getting on WOT. Hurrah! :D

And because its a TVR (built in one-in-one-out fault policy), I then noticed a hole in the valley gasket :mad:

OcUK Staff
Done plenty of stuff over past week on S2000 but just thought I'd share Admiral are refunding their customers £25 per car insured, so getting £75 back from them for driving less because of lock down.

Soldato
Stuck my car's battery on charge yesterday. Took about 7 hours to fully charge the 85Ah battery in my car using a Ctek MXS 5.0 which likely means it was down to around 50-60% capacity, was surprised it had got that low but I guess with it being a diesel and the short supermarket only runs over the last few weeks, it's taken out more juice than the alternator has been able to put in. Stuck the wife's car on charge this morning and that's still charging too so likely the same sort of situation there.

While that's on charge I thought I'd investigate my rear brakes. The handbrake itself needed pulling up quite high (BMW handbrakes seem to be rubbish) so I've been meaning to adjust it for ages but more importantly, a couple of times I've had the handbrake stick after starting the car up and reversing off the drive. The first time I just pulled the lever and released it and it was ok, the second time gave way after I gave it some beans. Wasn't sure if just adjusting the handbrake would take care of this or not but I started off with sorting that out and now I've got a nice 4 click handbrake so that's all good.

While I had the wheels off I thought I'd just take the calipers and discs off to check out the handbrake shoes. Did one side perfectly but on the other side I got caught out by the damn disc locator bolt which was clearly done up stupidly tight by some moron. Tried drilling it out but my drill bits are clearly crap as it barely seemed to have touched the bolt. Have to wait for some new bits to arrive to take care of that one.

Soldato
Done plenty of stuff over past week on S2000 but just thought I'd share Admiral are refunding their customers £25 per car insured, so getting £75 back from them for driving less because of lock down.

Neat. I hope they contact me asking how I'd like to be refunded first, as the card I used to pay for my premium no longer exists.

Soldato
Weird they are giving money back, I read a news article about car insurance shooting up this morning. I renewed mine just as this lockdown was kicking off and I ended up paying nearly £100 more than last year. A friend who renewed not long before that also said his was quite a bit dearer too.

Back
Top Bottom