LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Soldato
JF - are you coming across the noise issue which was me tioned earlier?

Also the flicker issue. Are we sure this is not related to gsync but the variable lighting?

Also if my games hover around 100fps instead of 144. Will this mean some kind of performance degredation in the monitor refresh or am I golden as long as the refresh so under 144 (otherwise I would need to turn on vsync I think?)

Thanks folks.

Associate
JF - are you coming across the noise issue which was me tioned earlier?

Also the flicker issue. Are we sure this is not related to gsync but the variable lighting?

Also if my games hover around 100fps instead of 144. Will this mean some kind of performance degredation in the monitor refresh or am I golden as long as the refresh so under 144 (otherwise I would need to turn on vsync I think?)

Thanks folks.

I also experience some "rare" texture flickering in WoW notably since I have this monitor. Issues I never had before.

Soldato
Cheers JF.

The thing that is putting me off this panel...
Ive got a 3440 x 1440 Ago affair.
Going up to 3600 x 1860 means lower FPS....

So for example for Gsync... if I am averaging 80fps... would it be a problem for the refresh rate of this panel being at 144Hz?

(I.e. Am I ok as long as I am under the refresh rate)

Associate
can someone who is more intelligent than me explain what the difference is between this and lg 34gk950f is? apart from the extra 3 and a half inches and 30 HZ refresh rate

Soldato
If you can afford this monitor you should be able to afford a 2080 ti to go with it.

You must be reading my mind....

Because that is EXACTLY what Ive been contemplating all afternoon...

(Although I put paved to that idea before opening this thread because I thought extra £600 or so wouldnt be worth the extra, 10-15fps on average?)

Basically I would be running at the same FPS by using the 2080Ti....

Let me put this in terms which would get me kicked out of the house...

""You did what? You paid £3000 for a monitor and graphics card?"

Associate
In my world it would not be worth it but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

But i think its a fascinating time to be buying gaming monitors. So much choice and monitors designed for racing and sims such as the 49 inches etc.

Associate
The crazy thing is i paid less then that on release date ! almost 2 years ago - I remember when everyone was saying only fools buy on release date and wait etc. I have had 2 years out of it and its been fantastic !

Back
Top Bottom