Can I use an old TV as a monitor?

Soldato
I've more or less completed a new build using a MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 Graphics Card.

I was right in the middle of moving house and I have no idea when I will get my stuff with all that's going on. I have pretty much everything I need for my new build to get it going except a monitor, which is coming...

I have an old Sharp TV. Can I use a HDMI cable to connect the two?

I just want to get my new build all up and running. OS, drivers, software installed, that sort of thing. But... I don't want to damage my new build by being impatient!:o

Soldato
You can use pretty much any TV made in the past 20 years as a monitor, a lot of people use them exclusively and forgo a normal 'computer' monitor all together.

I have my personal setup connected to two regular monitors and my HDTV, I use it as a media center as well as for work/play etc!

You might want to check if your TV has some sort of game or anti lag mode, you'll probably get a bit more latency than you would with a more gaming orientated screen.

You can also run audio through your TV speakers if you want, just go to audio settings and set it as the default device, just thought I'd mention in case you don't have your speakers/headset yet.

Back
Top Bottom