• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 2080 TI Gaming OC - was there a change in PCB?

Associate
Hello OCers,
I'm building 4 cards LC WorkStation. Due to lack of GB 2080 TI Turbo OC v 1.0, and after spending long hours in Internet i have found that I can use Gigabyte 2080 TI Gaming OC...
https://imgur.com/dXlTpUs The design looks almost identical to FE.
I wanted to use EK Vector Classic for those cards which in fact has a cut off for fan output.
EK rep warned me the PCB has changed. Well, I know that Gigabyte is changing PCB but it often comes with changing of product code - which here didn't occur.

Has anyone had any experience with different Gigabyte PCB for the same product number?

@GIGA-Man Would you be eager to help me?

Thanks

Piotr
ADVenturePO

Associate
Hey,

The Gaming OC had an output change on the rear IO so the OCB changed. It was only a small change though, should be okay to use but cannot say that 100% as we've not had it to test.

Associate
OP
Hey,

Thank you very @GIGA_Man much for your time and this answer.
As it's already bought and I'm waiting for delivery I will update you with the result.

Have a nice day.

Peter

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man Thank you.
I've got rev 1.0 and the EKWB FC Classic fits ideally.
Good: I was able to transplant all thermalpads.
Better: I've beaten few of my records with it.
Best: It has even overtook: Aorus Extreme WB, Modified MSI SEA HAWK, Zotac AMP Extreme, NVidia FE with EK Vector WB....well it has taken it all.

I will give pictures later.
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom