Lenovo Desktop 530s Graphics Card Upgrade

Associate
Hi,

I have a Lenovo Desktop 530s i7 12mg RAM, SSD and has the original Nvidia GTX 720 graphics card.

I would like to upgrade using a Nvidia GTX 1650 Ventus XS graphics Card.

My original power supply is 280W I managed to find a 500W power supply, also a conversion connector for the motherboard to convert 24 pin to 14 pin.

The new GTX 1650 graphic card height is around 11cm and therefore should fit, but I worried about the cards mounting bracket as I guessing these will be for a full size case and not a slim case, any thoughts whether it's possible to fit a GTX 1650 Ventus XS into a Lenovo Desktop 530s, would be much appreciated?

Associate
OP
Hi ExMale, how do I tell if it's a 9th gen or 4th gen, all I can see on the Manufacturers label is type 10131. It also states it was manufactured in august 2014, if that helps?

Thanks Marttheoldone.

Associate
OP
The power supply was a FUENTE TFX 500W TOOQ TQEP-TFX500S-O OEM find via a youtube 530s upgrade video, as it was difficult to locate a power supply to fit in the slim desktop.

Associate
The best option would probably be a low-profile 1650. It will be almost guaranteed to fit, but you'd have to google around, to see if your motherboard can support modern gpu's.

You also need to find out your exact system components before spending serious money. Type DXDIAG into windows start menu search, and it should tell you most of your components.

Soldato
The power supply was a FUENTE TFX 500W TOOQ TQEP-TFX500S-O OEM find via a youtube 530s upgrade video, as it was difficult to locate a power supply to fit in the slim desktop.
Hi ExMale, how do I tell if it's a 9th gen or 4th gen, all I can see on the Manufacturers label is type 10131. It also states it was manufactured in august 2014, if that helps?

Thanks Marttheoldone.

is there no other label on the case? try the Diag as suggested or download speccy from ccleaner website, its free and will tell you the spec of the system, it wont help with psu, but would give you an idea of the hardware models elsewhere.

that psu you listed will be rubbish, there are far better OEM units out, but depending on the motherboard and the case setup you might be able to get a much better unit from the likes of Bequiet or least other brands with 80 plus ratings and again depending on the motherboard specs, you will likely only get away with graphic cards that run off the psu slot if it supports 75w cards.

Back
Top Bottom