Mouse Dying

Soldato
My long love Logitec MX500 mouse is dying the buttons seem to be wearing out which is causing me problems highlighting text etc any recommendations for a replacement? I'd like something similar ergonomically as I've been using this one daily for a decade so a change isn't something I relish! Happy to stick to wired and save the hassle of batteries etc.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Perhaps the MX518 Legendary, I have been looking at it myself. The MX500 looks very similar to it. Very similar shape but the latest tech inside.

Soldato
Thats what really puts me off I've had this mouse at least 15 years and a change of shape could be a nightmare!
I had my MX518 for about 10 years, moved to an MX Master2s which is very nice. I have been looking to get back into PC gaming and MX518 is going to be my choice. I think everything considered £40-50 is reasonable.

Man of Honour
If you're even half handy, get a cheap soldering iron and replacement switches. You'll get plenty of use out of the iron in the future and be able to continue using your favourite mouse shape for years to come.

Soldato
I recently moved from an MX518 to a G402 and found the transition painless, it feels very similar in the hand to me and it's a great mouse.

Granted I got a very good deal on it or I'd not have taken the chance, I was initially going to invest in the MX518 Legendary.

Back
Top Bottom