The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
the amount of times WWE has done that is incredible. look at the Fandango thing as a prime example. suddenly got massively over, couldn't do anything to alienate the crowds, they tried to bury it. hooked up w/ Tyler and Fashion Files became just about the biggest funniest pre-taped things in a decade, they buried it. how long did it take for them to let Rusev have a run? BRay Wyatt has reinvented himself about 3 times, each time seems more over than the last and they still took forever to give him a chance. I flat-out don't get it. I know they have plans for certain big names but if someone else gets over why not go w/ it? means more merch sales etc and everyone wins.

Soldato
Hi chaps, my son has started showing a bit of interest in watching wrestling but not sure what he should be watching. Can you help? Also, is sky the best medium for it or is there another way?

Back in my day it was RAW, Smackdown then the periodic events but not sure if it's changed.

Cheers.

Soldato
Hi chaps, my son has started showing a bit of interest in watching wrestling but not sure what he should be watching. Can you help? Also, is sky the best medium for it or is there another way?

Back in my day it was RAW, Smackdown then the periodic events but not sure if it's changed.

Cheers.
I started watching AEW with my son, 10, when it started last October. It's been fantastic. Except now, it's all without a live audience (same for WWE)

The good thing is it's 2 hours a week, with quarterly PPVs. Whereas the WWE stuff is 5 hours for main roster (Raw + Smackdown) and another two if you want to cover NXT too, plus PPVs every 3-4 weeks - no chance I or he could stay on top of that.

AEW is free on ITV, and the last 4 weeks is on the ITV Hub. Again, though, the lack of a live crowd is a downer - especially if he's just starting out. Maybe get the WWE network and watch this year's Royal Rumble - still had a live crowd, covers most of the main WWE wrestlers and was a pretty good show by all accounts.

Soldato
WWE Network (as much as I loathe to support them after the past week....) is the way forward. Easy to follow, some great behind the scenes stuff and some standalone tournaments such as Cruiserweight Classic/Mae Young Classic and the shows 205 Live and NXT.

For 10 bucks a month you can't beat it really.

Soldato
Does sky show everything? Reluctant to fork out for the WWE network until I know it isn't a passing interest for him.

Is it still a "consistent" and I use the term loosely, storyline if you follow raw and Smackdown and main events?

Man of Honour
OP
Does sky show everything? Reluctant to fork out for the WWE network until I know it isn't a passing interest for him.

Is it still a "consistent" and I use the term loosely, storyline if you follow raw and Smackdown and main events?

Sky doesn't show anything now, unless you have BT Sport, so WWE Network is the best way to go

Soldato
Aew Double or Nothing tonight. I've bought it, will watch it during the day tomorrow though. Have to avoid spoilers.

Really looking forward to the Stadium Stampede match, after the awesome Street fight we saw a couple of weeks ago.

Cody gets the TNT title imo. A launching pad for getting back at MJF.

E:
I'm expecting a shock appearance from Sting. All the signs are pointing towards it, not least Jericho's recent acquisition of a black metal baseball bat...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom