The Division 2 - March 2019

Caporegime
See, it was obvious they purposefully left it off the patch notes and it does require a nerf, but I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt here. The 40% reduction was extreme and they even admitted that the value they initially reduced it by was a mistake. The only nerf to it now is in PvP which is -20% but it does need to be addressed - and it will be in the future.

Completely disagree, they deserve no benefit of the doubt, test code making it into production is inexcusable and blaming it on COVID is pretty disgusting.

Soldato
Still crashing, had to get rid of/update some Visual C++ which has reduced the crashing to every 5 minutes to every hour. Progress I guess.

Don't even want to play the game that much, just want to figure out what's causing it

as it stands today, it is most likely a system issue and not the game, i would run some stability tests (memtestx86, intel test, realbench) first to see if its hardware related.

for all ubisoft games i need to dial back my overclocks, especially ram.

re: DX12, have done about 8 hours in game now (9900KF (speedstep off), 5700XT, Asrock Phantom Gaming) and its been silky smooth and no crashes in DX12. No player disconnects seen.

Caporegime
This isn't about "test code" though. They purposefully reduced its damage by 40% and then admitted that changing it that drastically was a mistake...

Except that's not what they said in the SOTG. What they said was it was a change meant for their internal test server, therefore test code that should never have gotten into the release.

We can talk about values all day long, what it should or shouldn't be but the fact remains, this balance change was never meant for the consumer at this time.

It's all there in the SOTG.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh i know, i was just stating i'm not going back to the M1A/Bakers Dozen after discovering the Police MK17.

I played with the police Mk17 last night - do you have a good build to go with it, I'm still using the same build I had for my bakers dozen which seemed ok but not too powerful.

Soldato
thanks snips - that is excellent news.

They should give the other guns a buff rather than nerfing - give a better feeling on harder content and encourage people to use what they want rather than have 1 or 2 goto weapons.

Soldato

They should give the other guns a buff rather than nerfing - give a better feeling on harder content and encourage people to use what they want rather than have 1 or 2 goto weapons.

I only ever ran Bakers/M1A as secondary as I prefer AR. They've had a buff, which is nice, and I've even managed to out DPS it with my AR crit build. Hell, my tardigrade build has seen some of the highest damage in heroic content before TU9.

Soldato
as it stands today, it is most likely a system issue and not the game, i would run some stability tests (memtestx86, intel test, realbench) first to see if its hardware related.

for all ubisoft games i need to dial back my overclocks, especially ram.

re: DX12, have done about 8 hours in game now (9900KF (speedstep off), 5700XT, Asrock Phantom Gaming) and its been silky smooth and no crashes in DX12. No player disconnects seen.

Done all those, rock steady. Just weird since it only started happening after TU9.

Associate

agreed, the m1a is a slow firing rifle that SHOULD hit hard.. people just used it because the fast firing weapons (lmg/ar/smg) just dont put out enough damage to compare

glad to see the revert, just hope they dont take too long to put it back

Associate
Agree 100%. A slower firing gun with a small mag should have higher dmg, otherwise its pointless.

Looking forward to getting my BD back into my crit build. The Mk17 is fast, stable and has a big mag, but lacks punch in comparison.

A 40% nerf is ridiculous. Is that scale unprecedented in the game?

Associate
Been putting some hours into this with the corona lockdown. DX12 working fine for me as well.
Struggling to clear control point level 4's solo. Most people on the clan seem to want to complete bounties. Any suggestions/kit layout?
I currently have level 500ish stuff

Associate
I have found that disabling Uplay overlay in the Uplay settings as pointed out by tracertong, it has eliminated my crashes during gameplay. So thanks tracertong ;)

Took the plunge and bought warlords expansion. Used some of the Uplay credit and got 20% off :p All good so far....

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I have found that disabling Uplay overlay in the Uplay settings as pointed out by tracertong has eliminated my crashes during gameplay. So thanks tracertong ;)

Took the plunge and bought warlords expansion. Used some of the Uplay credit and got 20% off :p All good so far....

How did the developers not tackle that? As that is handy for achievement progress.

Soldato
Hi, not posted on OCUK in ages. Ive been playing The Division 2 for several months, got it back in december after a free weekend trail and loved it, so when the WONY DLC dropped i bought it too as it was starting to get too easy on heroic and repetitive doing the same missions and invaded missions over and over, i play most every night, have just over 1036 hours in game.

Ive a pretty good DPS build but also a Tank and other builds for testing out, i have a small clan with just 4 active agents and they are all running DPS builds too, we have done every mission on heroic with fair ease mostly, but have yet to complete a legendary, tried Roosevelt a few times and got about 1/4-1/3 way through it before being wiped, that was with 2 running DPS, 1 tank and 1 skill build, then night before last we did Union District and got much further, maybe 1/2 way, all on pure DPS builds using the MK17 and three of us with a Bullet King, since WONY the NPS are much harder due to nade and drne spamming, not to mention fire dmg etc...
Lastnight two of us ran The Tombs a few times and i got a second Bullet King and the other team m8 was the only one still missing it so i dropped it for him to collect, looking forward to trying the legendary again soon now as 4 players on DPS with that LMG is a lot of DPS and with the M1A nerf being undone today... should be fun!

Done the Raid a few times but as we only have 4 members its only been on discovery, so not the full raid and therefore no eagle bearer, would be nice to have a big enough clan to try a full raid.
Generally enjoying the game and its great with friends, if they can just sort out the NPC's, but they are managable.

Back
Top Bottom