What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Washed it, hasn't had a wash in ages. As is typical though...realised once 'done' that I missed some bits of the lower fairing. Still, despite the ding in the can (thanks storms) it's looking alright.

y4mKrWkI2_V9c6qabcCfZfU-r-nyL-HjxetcmSzkN2mpyCHcf1yQz8FNPbbIR0UqkcsRTsslg7AsMg5A--IaS4zoQMgCGCMIlbnmvVZCo7EuXeRp21Zvi2pH_Ohd7HN9RKAgJUkokL-fEx8SRnr51oiyfQlAegFbNnnqM3Y02wiBNg4jxknW0Uoh6Y6DBs8kPXRRe07RW35RlyChqIqDFNc3Q

y4mzWGE3QDC1XjcnkLA0ZgF1yn3YXcAF20flYy7-bKSD10xrV6HZBWYJwji_Mi3sXpXikR4XkfuMjwFObSHnCZfT8lyrv3mDvUG9t2vdPR682uxnw-tW8jvlfJnnxwpDL5a20856AbI6HhUg2WO8MNI9BfoCNI2qo1A2a9YtqR0dCkGmYLgYKowO7AwTlyMTUWerhPOWkkjOJxyBfyANzrjbg

Could do with getting some touch up paint for little knicks...but I do like the metallic blue on this thing.

y4mesWBc5KJZ5M3HQFGuZY-sIjPxa1ZjCpMPBZv1MGcTIJM8kWBm0FutF5JGZ-Ia4UuH7eywZNNyxkKdc7nFMdZumNvynKWviXPJDz0leIz6afysv6i_cS_FTsxHasArq0o5NXF0Lv0a75uKSAChkxOd17OLq0nnMAS4P3AjCK7R8UnyJFbVpdTxF-eziuDLtwKsDQi_9c28iw5PubsE-ayYw

I even lubed the chain with the new wheel thing, felt scary at first but once I figured it out, really useful.

y4mjo2iNVvwAHuxUtxUNPXDwfDRcXnhtlnteaaIiaS4_YQuHG3pnoeY-m69GRMQal-rG33x5P8QT9kmJoTinQhZbcjKOCgTEyd3JSwHMRpH5sdSx-qqSx5_6ZNGnWuZ-JtiRBw4xdWhdjULY0tuDw38eAzWa9mSazWB8lLZjdp4zLZ-uLkjCF3Vl_aTmKG0H5uvVpuvdlM6T5-kgli_ESfbQA

Associate
I purchased a second hand akropovic full exhaust system for my Honda CBR650f. These sell for new £1000+ but I purchased for £299 delivered from eBay. Had it down as a saved search and a listing came up. It’s in ok condition but will give it a full clean up before fitted.

Bargain I think

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to finally get hold of part of the plastic light/guage surround. Not sure what the last owner did but it was pretty scratched up and it's been bugging me since I got the bike.
Took all of 10 minutes to swap out
DDbfg9d.jpg

fPKPhSe.jpg

lWvOceN.jpg

Soldato
Took the cover off for first time in about 4 weeks and cleaned the wheels :D

The rest of the bike was still pretty clean from when i cleaned about 7 weeks ago getting it ready for spring/summer months before the lock down happened

tx3L4CZ.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don
Frame of the 1250 worn through in places god knows how but a quick rub down and some hammerite smooth black, ended up going the brake and side stand as well.

Not bad for a year old :p

es5ovz6.jpg

V8E5Qin.jpg

Back with the "frame protector" :p

N5uDXnZ.jpg

Soldato
Uhm where did you get that? Looks interesting, I often have random bikes for a bit and its not easy to get stands for all combinations...
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/46363

I wasn't totally sure on it initially but as I don't have a centre stand and don't really have the ability to use or store a paddock stand I figured I'd give it a try for £30. Seems to be ideal. Takes a little fiddling and worrying when you first use it, but hand rotate it counter clockwise / in a forward rotation and you'll be fine. Keeping the steering fairly straight and making sure you check it over before fully committing too, just to be sure.

Man of Honour
Frame of the 1250 worn through in places god knows how but a quick rub down and some hammerite smooth black, ended up going the brake and side stand as well.

Not bad for a year old :p

Back with the "frame protector" :p
That’s pretty damn poor on a year old bike. I know circumstances don’t make it easy right now, but did you report it to the dealer?

I have seen some **** poor corrosion on BMWs of late and it seems to be luck of the draw. My RT seems to be holding up well despite 15k pa in all weather, but I have seen some blood bikes barely run in with significant corrosion. The engine casings on the RTs is a classic weak point.

Tea Drinker
Don
That’s pretty damn poor on a year old bike. I know circumstances don’t make it easy right now, but did you report it to the dealer?

I have seen some **** poor corrosion on BMWs of late and it seems to be luck of the draw. My RT seems to be holding up well despite 15k pa in all weather, but I have seen some blood bikes barely run in with significant corrosion. The engine casings on the RTs is a classic weak point.

Haha sorry thought I'd explained previously and assumed everyone would remember :p:p

It's an ex BMW off road skills bike, they only keep them a year it's been pretty hammered really, scuffs and scratches, small items broken which I've replaced. It was 2/3 of the price of a similar one in typical condition still has 2 yrs manufacturer warranty.

For me it's perfect it sits under a cover outside as a workhorse :)

Associate
No pictures yet but I purchased a second hand akropovic full exhaust system for my Honda CBR650f. These sell for new £1000+ but I purchased for £299 delivered from eBay. Had it down as a saved search and a listing came up. It’s in ok condition but will give it a full clean up before fitted.

Bargain I think

Just a small update for those who are interested. I’m still waiting for delivery but thought I’d ask my insurer on what declaring the exhaust would be and was told that my insurer(AXA) will cover the modification for free. Not bad as I thought I’d have to pay a increase in premium. As soon as it arrives I’ll get a before and after photo and maybe even a video

Man of Honour
Haha sorry thought I'd explained previously and assumed everyone would remember :p:p

It's an ex BMW off road skills bike, they only keep them a year it's been pretty hammered really, scuffs and scratches, small items broken which I've replaced. It was 2/3 of the price of a similar one in typical condition still has 2 yrs manufacturer warranty.

For me it's perfect it sits under a cover outside as a workhorse :)
Ahh that makes sense. My RT is ex-Police so we’re on the same wavelength. Rough around the edges but mechanically sound and used regularly!

Back
Top Bottom