Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Man of Honour
I've come in on this a bit late but it seems rather cheeky and a bit arrogant of MS after they dumped the franchise in favour of the consoles, particularly after making the first two available on PC (A quick Goole reveals that Halo 2 was launched on PC but I don't recall that).

I played Combat Evolved, must be over a decade ago now, loved it, then nothing.

Soldato
Yeah, by the time it came to PC and with not many people wanted to upgrade to Vista. It died quickly, even when someone made a hack for it to work on XP soon after.

I'm just happy MS started taking the PC seriously soon as Phil Spencer came onboard. Still Halo 5 isn't coming to PC but Halo Infinite is, which is weird.

Associate
Halo 2 vista worked on Windows 7 online until they took the servers down. This was before the announcement of MCC being released for the new XB1 console. I think because Halo 3 and Reach were still popular H2 Vista never took off, along with what others said about Vista not being favourable.

Though a long time ago so my memory a little fuzzy there. But i do certainly remember the last few weeks of H2V being popular due to achievements being hunted by many people. The achievements also appear on your standard Xbox account.

Associate
Bought this a few weeks ago. I remember Halo 2 on XP.

Finished both CE, and Reach. Only ever played 1 and 2 on PC, so Reach was new to me. I must say i really enjoyed it. The campaign was ace. Really loved the squad element, and the missions were nice and varied with some cool vehicle bits and nice open maps. Impressive for 10 years old.

Any news on when Halo 2 is coming?

Associate
Anyone else still downloading the Halo 2 'Flighting' from windows store today? 31GB download! It's taking my hack fraud lock down special reduced internet speed provider Shell all day... Those hacks.

Associate
Completed Halo:Reach last week and really enjoyed it. Never played any Halo before and couldn't put it down.

You might like 2 and 3 then, those are my favourites.

4 and 5 were just plain bad imo, so do those last if you want more after 2 and 3. The first Halo is more of a nostalgia thing, personally i don't rate it.

Associate
You might like 2 and 3 then, those are my favourites.

4 and 5 were just plain bad imo, so do those last if you want more after 2 and 3. The first Halo is more of a nostalgia thing, personally i don't rate it.

There are some terrible levels, ie the Library and some of the level design is pretty repetative, but for 20 years old its still pretty good. The A.I was amazing at the time. I loved the fact there were so many grenades. Reach was fun. I enjoyed 2 from what i can remember. Looking forward to 2 and 3 coming out.

Associate
Co-op is still brilliant in Halo:CE. so much fun with grenades. Halo 2 is looking mighty fine on PC - here's a pre-release screen grab comparison:
ueBzrTs.jpg

Associate
Hehehe bet its fun in Co-op and reach.

I made a massive error when i played through CE, i didnt realize i played the whole game with the standard graphics. I accidently hit the TAB button near the end and noticed the difference. FFS! Very strange though to have a button to change it instantly, thats what threw me.

Associate
I got to say, Halo 2 MCC PC is so damn nice to play. I didnt play a lot of Halo 2 back in the day - I remember it more for the E3 hype it created in fact. The pre-release is still available even today (last time they only gave us 48 hours with the 'flighting' session for Halo:CE). Its a 32GB download now from the Microsoft Store too, and that was just this game, not the full collection.

The remastering art direction seems so much more slick and composed this time - they really nailed it.

Is anyone else planning on playing this for multiplayer when its launched? Presumably in a week or two. I saw a lot of chat about how this will make or break the Master Chief offering on PC as apparently no one stuck around to play Halo:CE after it released.

Oh, and how 'bout that shotgun :D Oh so good.
It came along just in time, I show it off at the beginning here:

Associate
Is anyone else planning on playing this for multiplayer when its launched? Presumably in a week or two. I saw a lot of chat about how this will make or break the Master Chief offering on PC as apparently no one stuck around to play Halo:CE after it released.

I play MCC-PC everyday, mainly Reach multiplayer, can't wait for Halo 2 and H2A to land.

I was pretty annoyed that guys I know who don't really play Halo got invites, i've been signed up for years and didn't receive a flighting invite, especially when I've put 200+ hours into Reach PC online!

Associate
The flighting is based on testing specific hardware setups, so they wont be looking at game time unfortunately, even though it would surely be better marketing to give it to the biggest fans first.

I think they like people with 2080ti most! O_O"

Associate
How do the campaigns of the older games, 1 and 2, hold up? I enjoyed Halo 3 that's the only one I played, because of the story and atmosphere. Gameplay was pretty good too, but I could get bored of it if it were exactly the same across several games. I have this feeling that i "should" play them all though, as if they are classics of the genre. But do they actually merit that, in the same way a game like Half Life and Half Life 2 would? Or do they just get more credit than they deserve because for a generation of young console gamers it was their first decent fps series.

Associate
How do the campaigns of the older games, 1 and 2, hold up? I enjoyed Halo 3 that's the only one I played, because of the story and atmosphere. Gameplay was pretty good too, but I could get bored of it if it were exactly the same across several games. I have this feeling that i "should" play them all though, as if they are classics of the genre. But do they actually merit that, in the same way a game like Half Life and Half Life 2 would? Or do they just get more credit than they deserve because for a generation of young console gamers it was their first decent fps series.

There worth a play through IMO. 1 has some really good levels.

Back
Top Bottom