Youtube & Ads

Soldato
YouTube ads? I thought this forum was full of tech heads.
Ublock Origin - no ads
Mobile app: YouTube Vanced - no ads. https://vanced.app/
Job done.

What about those of us with iPhones and iPads?

I run ublock on my desktop but it's a pain with the adds on my phone.

£12 a month? No chance YouTube, if no one paid this then they would have had to change, people paying for it are just lining their pockets.

Soldato
I've not read any of the thread, but yeah, advertising everywhere.

I put some kids things on the other day for my just over 2 year old and there was a 20 Mon advert for some random crap. Surely Google must know if it's a kids video then a adults video isn't needed??

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Adverts are easy to filter, uninstall youtube app on your phone, install firefox on your mobile with ublock origin plugin then add video background play fix addon for good measure et voila - no adds and multitasking is on - YT can play in the background.

But it's the change in algorithm that bothers me - ever since they introduced that hashtags bar on the top layout all I get in recommendations in 90% of some random, old tat (6 months to 10 years old), 8% of videos I already watched through (red bar underneath) but had like 2 seconds of end credits unwatched and one new video, usually completely of no interest to anything I watch. Last version of recommendation algorithm was actually quite good but now it's broken and it's just no longer fun to search for everything manually...

Back
Top Bottom