Wireless headsets

Caporegime
Copy paste from ps4 thread for a bit of traffic:p

Hey anyone got any recommendations on Good wireless headsets?

The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless seems to get good reviews the dual battery thing seems good and the bluetooth for phone calls when gaming would be good if it works.

How are they for doing calls? Gf lives in Italy so end up calling a lot.

Are they good or is there anything else that sounds better?

I used to have some shenhiser 170s but theyve seen better days and the lack of a mic is annoying so looking for a better all in one solution that I could also use for music on the phone

Soldato
A friend has just got the arctis pro wireless and the microphone sounds awful. Not what I would expect from a headset costing so much.

Caporegime
OP
A friend has just got the arctis pro wireless and the microphone sounds awful. Not what I would expect from a headset costing so much.
Damn microphone for phone calls is fairly important.

Just realised sennheiser make a gaming set now with the GSP 670.anyone tried it/played with somone who does?

Having a look at the razer an hyper x stuff

Caporegime
I have a pair of Astro A50. Can't complain at all. Totally wireless and the sound and chat is excellent.

Yep, they’re pricey but I just recently got some A50 Gen 4s (the newest ones) and I was surprised at just how good they are, they’re miles better than my A40’s.

Associate
S

Strange, I use one all day for work and I have never had a complaint about the mic quality.

I bought it so that I could switch seamlessly between Teams calls on my pc and phone calls on mobile and it does this job flawlessly.

They are not the best sounding headphones I have used but they are perfectly acceptable. The battery swap is also super handy since I never have to bother plugging the actual headset in to charge.

I agree they are quite pricy but I was happy to pay it for the hassle free solution to my use-case.

Soldato
Damn microphone for phone calls is fairly important.

Just realised sennheiser make a gaming set now with the GSP 670.anyone tried it/played with somone who does?

Having a look at the razer an hyper x stuff

Spoke to him today again and he sounded better and asked what he changed and he said he had put the pop filter cover thing on the mic /facepalm thought I'd update this thread

Caporegime
OP
Spoke to him today again and he sounded better and asked what he changed and he said he had put the pop filter cover thing on the mic /facepalm thought I'd update this thread

Right welling seems to fit the bill for connectivity and got some eq settings from reviews that are meant to sort the out of the box sound.

Ordered ^_:

Soldato
Sony XM3 with V-Moda boom pro. Incredible sounds quality and mic is clear AF.

edit: it's not entirely wireless, though. You do have to connect to your PS4 controller. I have an avantree Leaf Apt-x dongle coming to test out if you can get any APT-X headset connecting to the PS4 without lag.

Last edited:
Associate
Got the Razer Thresher 7.1s for my PS4, they do the trick for me, but don't appear to have any EQ settings; which was a great feature of the PS Gold headset

I do like my PS Gold headset, they are just so hassle free and mic monitoring feature is great if you need to be aware of what is going on around you. I can listen out for my son when he is asleep as his bedroom is next to living room.

My only gripe is it isn't as good as the Wireless Headset v2 it replaced (extended warranty) in pretty much every respect except the ability to fit over the PSVR headset. They just compromised it slightly in sound, comfort and battery life by making it smaller and lighter. I will be happy if it lasts longer though :p.

I did try using a set a Hyper X Cloud 2s that I bought for PC use but I found them to be too muddy and impossible to get a good chat balance on the the fly. Oddly they worked very well for surround effects in Spiderman when I gave them to my daughter when her headset broke. I will buy that one day.

I do wonder if the PS Wireless Platinums are worth the extra?

Associate
After having the Arctis 9X's for 4 months I doubt I will ever go wireless again for gaming. Considering the price and reviews I expected so much more. Terrible drops and re connections. Youtube reviews and tech sites are excellent but when you look into the drops you find literally hundreds of people with the same issue. So comfortable but not worth £10 when they don't work properly. The more I though about it the more I realised having a wired connection to the controller isn't really that much of a bind. I will stay wired going forwards.

Caporegime
OP
So it's really good tweaked the EQ and it works well.

The blending of ps4/TV input plus bluetooth isnt perfect and the screen is far away so I ended up reducing the headphone control options to literaly just wifi volume, bt volume a d the chat mix (game/chat volume ratio)

Which means I can generally do it without the screen being in view

Range is ace but once you go to far they do just disconnect and you have to hold the power button down to reconnect they dont auto retry on the wifi.

The head strap is good the mic is very clear with the foam pop cover mentioned ealier.

Main bug bear is a common bug it seems that I didnt find till after when on wifi and blue tooth randomly it will change your phone volume to 0% then 50% then back to whatever it was set at which is annoying.

Seems no one knows why but there are about 4 or 5 different volume controls being smashed together so maybe it gets confused

Caporegime
OP
Ok figured out the volume thing.

When connected to bluetooth and the wireless.

There is the volume control on your phone, the one on the headset (endless bidirectional wheel) and the one on the wifi controler (another endless wheel).

When you use the headset volume control it adjusts the blue tooth volume on your phone and the control box aswell

When you use the box control it changes the volume on the box the headset and your phone as well.

When you adjust the bt volume on your phone it only adjusts the headset and the phone not the box.

So when you start a new bt audio it jumps to zero then the box volume then to the phone /headset volume but still doesnt update the box so it keeps doing it.

Fix seems to be use headset to turn up to full turn phone to full (or both to zero) and then use headset wheel to control as it all stays synced up then

Soldato
Copy paste from ps4 thread for a bit of traffic:p

Hey anyone got any recommendations on Good wireless headsets?

The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless seems to get good reviews the dual battery thing seems good and the bluetooth for phone calls when gaming would be good if it works.

How are they for doing calls? Gf lives in Italy so end up calling a lot.

Are they good or is there anything else that sounds better?

I used to have some shenhiser 170s but theyve seen better days and the lack of a mic is annoying so looking for a better all in one solution that I could also use for music on the phone

I don't use it on console but I've had the Arctis Wireless Pro not far off 2 years now and it's a great headset. The only problem I have is the batteries now last maybe 5/6 hours at best and that's with me only having the volume up about 1/4 of the way. You can get them as replacements but I haven't ordered any yet as they have to come from America and the shipping costs more than the actual batteries which rubs me the wrong way!

Connection wise it's fine, never had any drop outs. I can even walk from my PC to downstairs and the connection remains - sometimes. Bluetooth is handy as well as I have my phone paired sometimes so I can take a call whilst playing a game or listen to music from my phone rather than my PC.

I don't regret buying them and I didn't want to have a wired headset so they tick the right boxes for me.

Caporegime
OP
I don't use it on console but I've had the Arctis Wireless Pro not far off 2 years now and it's a great headset. The only problem I have is the batteries now last maybe 5/6 hours at best and that's with me only having the volume up about 1/4 of the way. You can get them as replacements but I haven't ordered any yet as they have to come from America and the shipping costs more than the actual batteries which rubs me the wrong way!

Connection wise it's fine, never had any drop outs. I can even walk from my PC to downstairs and the connection remains - sometimes. Bluetooth is handy as well as I have my phone paired sometimes so I can take a call whilst playing a game or listen to music from my phone rather than my PC.

I don't regret buying them and I didn't want to have a wired headset so they tick the right boxes for me.

Yeah I've got them now too mate, do you have the volume issue on the phone?

Back
Top Bottom