Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Associate
Downloaded a copy to see what the fuss was about and I'm not impressed at all, the gunplay is rubbish, none of the weapons feel meaty or that they're really doing real damage, also random deaths from cloaked dudes kinda sucks.

I remember the original on the xbox but maybe I'm remembering it through rose tinted glasses because it's awful, visually even the enhanced visuals looks bland.

Associate
Downloaded a copy to see what the fuss was about and I'm not impressed at all, the gunplay is rubbish, none of the weapons feel meaty or that they're really doing real damage, also random deaths from cloaked dudes kinda sucks.

I remember the original on the xbox but maybe I'm remembering it through rose tinted glasses because it's awful, visually even the enhanced visuals looks bland.

Is that Halo CE?

Soldato

Helo CE is pretty rubbish.

If you play Halo Reach and then go to Halo CE, then you realise how rubbish it is.

Associate

Eh? The pistol and sniper are like the most OP guns ever. The stealthed dudes can be a pain but you can see them and hear them.

It is 20 years old....

Soldato
I enjoyed Halo 3 at the time I had my Xbox360, but really, Reach and Halo 1 are utter trash games - I've uninstalled this, it's just awful.

Sound- crap
Graphics- understandably crap due to age
Gameplay- nothing special FPS shoot stuff affair
Story- can't stand long enough playing the damn thing for it to develop

I think the early games are the sort that you needed to be there at the time to appreciate. I'm not wasting any more of mine on it.

If you're dosed up on memberberries this might be worth your time. First time? Nah.

Associate
I enjoyed Halo 3 at the time I had my Xbox360, but really, Reach and Halo 1 are utter trash games - I've uninstalled this, it's just awful.

Sound- crap
Graphics- understandably crap due to age
Gameplay- nothing special FPS shoot stuff affair
Story- can't stand long enough playing the damn thing for it to develop

I think the early games are the sort that you needed to be there at the time to appreciate. I'm not wasting any more of mine on it.

If you're dosed up on memberberries this might be worth your time. First time? Nah.

Disregarding older graphics and sound issues, (the music i think is great though imo), what FPS would you say is good/great? I ask because i feel most FPS are kinda poor.

I see why people dislike Halo, it's a bit slow at times and repetitive. If you don't dig that Halo style i imagine it's a pretty meh game.

I'm trying to force myself through the legendary Half Life, but have put it on pause again. I'm playing some Stalker right now (also for first time) which is lightly one of my most favourite games i feel.

Soldato
Disregarding older graphics and sound issues, (the music i think is great though imo), what FPS would you say is good/great? I ask because i feel most FPS are kinda poor.

I see why people dislike Halo, it's a bit slow at times and repetitive. If you don't dig that Halo style i imagine it's a pretty meh game.

I'm trying to force myself through the legendary Half Life, but have put it on pause again. I'm playing some Stalker right now (also for first time) which is lightly one of my most favourite games i feel.

Off the top of my head, around that era I was enjoying the following:

Half-Life (1&2) and the recent Black Mesa re haul that puts this Halo MCC crap to shame.
Deus Ex (ok, more rpg and depends how you want to play it)
Far Cry
Red Faction
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
MoHAA and CoD

Then there's been many since that have stood out such as Doom (4 and 2016), Prey, Wolfenstein TNO, the Metro games, the Bioshock series. Then I come to load up Halo:CE? Meh, i'm never going to like it after being spoiled like that. I will give you that for "epic" sc-fi shooters it's probably best in class, but I'd still rather play Mass Effect...

Having said all that, I thoroughly loved my time with Halo 3, as I was there at the time it came out and all my mates had it as well, and my sole period in the last 20 years where I was primarily on console.

Associate
Apples, oranges it seems :p

Halo 2/3 > Doom 2016 for me. Doom was great, but when i replayed it again recently it was a just a bit meh. But every time i've revisited H2/3 i loved it.

@Fubsy thanks for the reply.

Associate
What?! Red faction 1 and 2 were amazing games.

It was the one with the exploding walls and that wasn't it on Mars? Ok i take it back it was ok. Certainly not in a list of top shooters for me.

What was that game that used the Half Life engine back in the day, it had a huge Dinosaur in it?

Looking forward to Halo 2 as well......

Back
Top Bottom