Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Its a "blip" in the Matrix........

Everything has reconnected here now, just the Vodaphone Suresignal left and that takes an age to re-connect anyway, it will re-establish a connection eventually :)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
It's not just virgin media related, it's across the board, just check something like downdetector and see the same spikes at the same time across multiple platforms and IS providers.

Something at a major peering site like LINX?

Could be a LINX problem, doubt it would be capacity issues though as even with all the extra home working demand etc, it hasn't really spiked or hit anywhere near top end yet

Caporegime
I'm not sure what Down Detector does other than sees who is going on to complain or scraping Twitter, but I've not seen any problems with other providers.

Caporegime
I get that it shows a spike, my point is that I have no idea where it gets that data from. A quick read shows that it's based on people saying that their service is down - so you're quite likely to get people submitting a report saying Xbox Live is down when their Internet connection went dark, because the result was they got kicked out of a game. I wouldn't declare this to be a problem larger than Virgin Media based on that source, is what I'm saying.

My point is that asking people who call their Internet connection "my wi-fi" to correctly diagnose the source of any outage is probably not a fantastic idea if you're looking to accurately work out what is going on. There's comments on that site of people reporting a BT service outage when they can't log into their account, for example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom