new router problems. Tp link Archer AX11000

Associate
Can anyone help me please. I have turned my virgin router into modem only. setup the Archer AX11000.
it picked up dynamic ip. got everything working but when i go to shields up it shows port 135,137,139,445 ports closed but not in stealth so failed test. what can I do to make them go into stealth. it was passing the test when just on the superhub 3. thanks in. response.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's only a guess, but have you got UPnP enabled on the Archer? If so turn it off and see if you still fail the test.

Associate
OP
Yes it’s unticked. When I run on my mobile it’s fine. Just on both pc and iPad they show blocked but not stealth. Would this be a concern.

Soldato
So you get different results in ShieldsUp! when running a mobile vs PC/iPad and they are all connected to the Archer? That's weird because ShieldsUp! only knows your public IP address which is the same in all cases. You haven't enabled a DMZ or anything silly like that on your Archer? Or maybe port triggering in the NAT settings?

Associate
OP
Just gone back to the normal super hub 3 and still everything failed. Even the mobile I must have been on the data not WiFi. 4 ports show blue not green so not in stealth just closed. Both pc, iPad, MacBook, and mobiles all same. I’m at a loss. Is this anything to worry about.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom