Steam Link / Controller

Soldato
Hi guys,

What's the score with the above; have Valve completely dropped them now?

I bought both items last year, open the boxes, played about with them for approximately 20 minutes and returned them to their respective houses :)

I'm not sure they're needed?

I game with an Xbox controller and if I do look at game streaming, this kit will be redundant anyway, won't it?

Thoughts?

Soldato
It's handy for when your PC is in one room but you want to game elsewhere, e.g. PC in office, but want to play on your TV.

Obviously isn't going to beat a long Hdmi lead & usb extension for the controller, but a lot more convenient than running cables.

I used to have one and it worked very well (have since upgraded to an Nvidia shield which serves the same purpose)

Associate
As above, the steam link is more of an extension of your PC to the living room.

My steam controller is connected to my steam link and works perfectly for couch gaming.

Associate
Seems also there's rumblings via patents of a new steam controller in the works so we'll probably see a new version with more customization options, I do like mine though.

Associate
I like mine for remote play but some games just crash endlessly whilst playing which makes it a bit hit & miss.
If it was more consistently stable then it'd be amazing but as it is, I think the link is passable.

The controllers are great though, so much better for M&K only games where they suit couch gaming.
Some of the benefits have diminished now you can remap / customise Xbox, PS controllers etc in the same tool.

Associate
Man I remember missing the last deal for the controller, was bumed that my payment didn't go through. But there was news about a new version coming out. No eta at the moment though

Soldato
I eventually got annoyed with mine and got a mini gaming PC setup for the living room. Much better.

The Steam link and controller are in a box under the stairs now.

Back
Top Bottom