DELETED_3139

Soldato
Backlight always on makes sense to me when you think about larger modern bikes with digital displays, the backlight is on all the time along with sidelights / running lights. The switched live on yours just turns on the display, which the backlight is part of.
It may have the ability to run without backlight but maybe the default until you've wired in light signals is for it to have the backlight on?

For the fuel and gears, you'd need to add in a fuel sender/float (almost impossible I'd think with that tank) and a gear selector sensor thing along the lines of what @Malt_Vinegar did with his bike, although he replaced a neutral indicator switch with a gear indicator switch of the same fitment (but extra wiring).

Transmission breaker
Don
Agreed with above, backlight always on for most LED stuff. Same on my modern Grom. Drain is very low anyway, so I would not worry too much.

https://www.ooracing.com/neutral-switch-1-n-2-3-4-up.html - gear selector switch, which i think will do for your engine. No need to make it like I did, as this uses a lot of generic parts, I had to make on for the CBR as an upgrade part did not seem to exist.

Might be worth speaking to ooracing to confirm though :)

I did a bit of googling, and there was a madass version with a fuel warning light, not sure it was a proper linear one, just a light that comes on for reserve. So, there may be a sensor available somewhere.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
The gear selectors are very simple. Each wire to the sensor is actually a ground (earth) from an LED or number in the unit.
There is usually a single 12v+ into the indicator (or Speedo in your case) unit for the gear display and as the selector rotates in the engine casing, it grounds out on each different sensor tab. :)
It's pretty simple when you think about it, not much in terms of complexity when you know!

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
CBR125Rgearposition17.jpg

See the thing with wires on it below the front sprocket?
It's a push fit little sensor that may or may not have an arm or bolt holding it in place.

I will see if I can find a pic of it on my 110 monkey engine. It's likely to be very similar.

*Edit*

Looks like it may be above the sprocket on your engine.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1637546359...S-lGJM4FZEOlbpbR-A4dFyy146zVD_HAaAnIpEALw_wcB

You can see it here above the front sprocket, assuming yours is similar :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom