Automobilista 2 ?

Soldato
Disappointed to hear the news as it appears the Steam comments echo the same vibes. Pity, will wish list this for now but might as well get hold of Project Cars 2 Deluxe for the time being.

I'm a fan of PC2. I autocross an FRS IRL (GT-86) and the PC2 GT-86 behaves like my car at the limit. My autocross hobby has also allowed me to drive a lot of other cool cars over the years and the few examples in PC2 that I have also driven IRL match up well-enough.

Last year I rented a GT-86 on the Nurburgring (practiced for the trip in PC2) and PC2 was spot-on with that combo.

Associate
Thanks @NeverWinter the Uno features in AMS2. Using an Xbox One Controller, sensitivity is capped at 17% so it makes pad controlling very sensitive. Might have missed something but I could not find how to tweak further.

The Uno is a completely different animal in AMS2. Whereas AMS, the car given its diminutive size, a monster, the bloody rear always wanted to overtake the front!

49OXGMo.png

Whereas in AMS2 the Uno is a much calmer affair, much more planted despite the limited controls.

Equador track remains which is great (pic above is AMS, has high speed sweepers so lots of drifting) only one of my favourite tracks from AMS (Brasília) is not on the list? It was my test track of choice, either a simple oval although you could race the long circuit as well.

Soldato
It's hit and miss with the cars, some of them are clearly broken. I toned down the sensitivity of both the throttle and brake to half their values for my T3PA-PRO's which made driving the open wheelers I was trying drivable. The last one I tried was completely broken, you only had to feather both axis and it took off or locked up. I'm trying to like it but it's a lot of hard work, ironically the FFB i'm not having too much of a problem with, which is what they're focusing on.

With you on the camera world shake too, locking to the horizon isn't something I want to do.

Soldato
Thanks @NeverWinter

Equador track remains which is great (pic above is AMS, has high speed sweepers so lots of drifting) only one of my favourite tracks from AMS (Brasília) is not on the list? It was my test track of choice, either a simple oval although you could race the long circuit as well.

What is the track called please ? Would like to try it.

Soldato
I'm a fan of PC2. I autocross an FRS IRL (GT-86) and the PC2 GT-86 behaves like my car at the limit. My autocross hobby has also allowed me to drive a lot of other cool cars over the years and the few examples in PC2 that I have also driven IRL match up well-enough.

Last year I rented a GT-86 on the Nurburgring (practiced for the trip in PC2) and PC2 was spot-on with that combo.

Think you sold me on PC2 so going to buy and download this now.

Associate
I really dont get the negativity on here about this sim.
Reiza are the kings of ffb and physics.
I also have to laugh at those saying its pcars skin, it uses the same engine thats where the similarity stops.
Anyhow since the last post on here about it the game has seen weekly updates and is in fantastic shape.

Soldato
I really want to like it, just wheel and pedal calibration is a complete mystery to me. I think the peddles are straight forward, but the wheel is well out of whack.

It runs brilliantly and looks absolutely stunning in VR. I was filling time giving it a quick go yesterday, that turned it to 40 minutes of running around Monaco in the Puma.

Just need to sort of the steering it's a complete mess on my TSPC.

Soldato
OP
I really want to like it, just wheel and pedal calibration is a complete mystery to me. I think the peddles are straight forward, but the wheel is well out of whack.

It runs brilliantly and looks absolutely stunning in VR. I was filling time giving it a quick go yesterday, that turned it to 40 minutes of running around Monaco in the Puma.

Just need to sort of the steering it's a complete mess on my TSPC.

I have the TS PC wheel and mine is fine i had no issues setting it up , although I think the steering can be a bit jerky.on some cars more than others, also I've not played it for about 10 days as I've pulled a muscle in my arm.

Soldato
I noticed there was an update for AMS2 when looking at my Steam library and tried it out again last night. (Caterham Superlight at Donington)

I found the driving improved over the last time I used it. The handling at the limit with just the defualt setup felt more convincing than before. I will probably start spending some time in AMS2 now.

Associate
I have the TS PC wheel and mine is fine i had no issues setting it up , although I think the steering can be a bit jerky.on some cars more than others, also I've not played it for about 10 days as I've pulled a muscle in my arm.

Man i was out for 10 months after i tore the rotator cuff in my shoulder, pure agony.

Soldato
Umm, problem I have is I leave it, it locks the wheels like a digital input. I do the calibration and I might as well get out and turn the car by hand, it'll turn faster. The visualization of the wheel is horribly out of sync with what little input it gives too. I've trawled looking for answers, but the only moans are about FFB.

Soldato
OP
Umm, problem I have is I leave it, it locks the wheels like a digital input. I do the calibration and I might as well get out and turn the car by hand, it'll turn faster. The visualization of the wheel is horribly out of sync with what little input it gives too. I've trawled looking for answers, but the only moans are about FFB.

I dont know anything about FFB , but there does seem to be an understeer thing going on within the game even when I try a softer spring setup or steering angle and so on it doesnt seem to make any difference

Soldato
I dont know anything about FFB , but there does seem to be an understeer thing going on within the game even when I try a softer spring setup or steering angle and so on it doesnt seem to make any difference

Some people on the AMS2 forum have suggested the updates may not be fully installing for some people. The "fix" is to delet/rename one of the files and let the game replace it new. (But I don't remember which file as I was happy with my update and didn't need to "fix" it)

I have only tried the Superlight Caterham since the update and liked it, but maybe I just found an outlier car and the rest still plow?

Back
Top Bottom