Streets of Rage 4

Soldato
What you mean it cost that back for the sega master system. Infact it was more than what it is now.

lmao, the world was a very different place when SoR came out on the Master System my dude. It looks crap, and I'm not just talking about the graphics and price, it's the overall product. Which I'll repeat, I hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
Anyone know if this will be on the pc xbox game pass or will it just be on the console pass?

I had a look on the app and can't see it.

I will buy it on cd keys if it's not free.

Associate
Well if it is on the PC version of Xbox Gamepass despite my earlier post, I'll will 100% definitely be playing this.

Also, any SoR fans who have gamepass and haven't played Mother Russia Bleeds yet, you really should as it's on gamepass right now, it almost feels like a cursed Russian bootleg arcade machine from the late 80's/early 90's. Controls very similar to the SoR series with grabs and throws and some amazing weapons. Almost OTT brutality though.

Mother Russia Bleeds is by far the most brutal and authentic of the new beat em ups that I've played, which is one of the areas I feel the new Streets of Rage is lacking, I especially didn't like the guitar strumming special move I saw - SoR 1 especially had a more realistic, brutal combat style, except for the Eswat special move at least. Even so that's still napalm and bombs compared to strumming a guitar.

Regarding the French devs, I have to recant that because Mother Russia Bleeds also have French devs and to me it's the best non Japanese beat em up I've played, though watching the SoR 4 dev video, some of clearly weren't even born when SoR 1 came out, I just hope they can capture that style regardless.

Associate
Can’t wait for this game to come out. Been waiting ages. Hope it delivers and mixes nostalgia with decent gameplay. Anyone know the runtime?

Soldato
OP
Yeah that was awesome and SoR4 has a lot to live upto really. But please no more mentioning of that game as other threads about it got closed as the game technically isn't 'legit'

Associate
To add another thought, one thing I've noticed with younger devs doing remakes of 80's/early 90's games that didn't play them first time round is a tendency to make them overly 80's kitsch and add humour that wasn't there.

Double Dragon Neon was particularly guilty of this - Double Dragon 1 was a pretty serious game that may have had a cartoony style due to limitations of pixel graphics, but that was the real deal back then and about as good as it got for a violent game.

Same applies to Street of Rage 1 - at the time it was about as good a serious violent game that had been released, the pixel graphics were about as good as it got, in hindsight a modenr dev could retroactively apply cartoony aspects due to that style like they've done with SoR 4 that just weren't there in the original games.

To be fair SoR 2 did bring some of this in with the roller skater that sucked compared to original dude they got rid of. As for the kangaroo and robot in SoR3, it's liked much less than the other games for good reason, they're part of it.

Back
Top Bottom