*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
Indeed, I wouldn't waste any hard earned on this. Without real private server support and options the game will be as good as gone in a year, its already pretty dead now in comparison to BF4.

1 thing they could have done to generate some level of interest was make Firestorm free but 64 players per game and the horrendous load times are a pretty big barrier.

Caporegime
Indeed, I wouldn't waste any hard earned on this. Without real private server support and options the game will be as good as gone in a year, its already pretty dead now in comparison to BF4.

1 thing they could have done to generate some level of interest was make Firestorm free but 64 players per game and the horrendous load times are a pretty big barrier.
Doesn’t help that it feels like a half-hearted effort that they stopped supporting soon after it launched.

Soldato
Thanks for the money, see you again for BF 6 when we'll release the same half-finished MVP, ask £50 for it, promise to keep supporting it for years and then drop it like a stone when we feel like it.

Caporegime
The next battlefield game they release clearly needs more development time than BF5 had. It's only recently that some of the vehicle customisation options that were "coming soon" when the game launched over 18 months ago. The last standalone update is coming in June according to sites yesterday:

https://www.engadget.com/battlefiel...MjjT4FU7AtH5nfj4cGSKYO9QRgfiZShDtIQvRvdqjKz98

I'd honestly be more interested in a new Bad Company game at this point than Battlefield 6.

Doesn’t help that it feels like a half-hearted effort that they stopped supporting soon after it launched.

I think that mode was pressure from EA wanting to get on the bandwagon and Dice seemingly weren't too fussy on it. The game was needing fixing more than adding new gimmicky modes.

Caporegime

It is nearly two years. Just like BF1. Only reason they have stopped supporting it is because of the pandemic. BF4 only lasted longer because you had that cops and robbers one in the middle which was rubbish and everyone stuck with 4. I for one have loved the gun play of BFV. It is no BF3 though or 2142 for that matter!

Caporegime
You're not selling it well.

The only reasons you would buy this game is if you want to play a game where Planes absoloutely rape anything that moves on the ground, or you want to see mentally deranged teens typing "rekt" or "ez" at every available opportunity.

I remember a while back dice saying they weren't sure what made BC2 so popular with players, at a guess, no planes to ruin the game, no prone to make camping more effective...and there was about 5 years between BF2 and BC2.

Caporegime
It is nearly two years. Just like BF1. Only reason they have stopped supporting it is because of the pandemic. BF4 only lasted longer because you had that cops and robbers one in the middle which was rubbish and everyone stuck with 4. I for one have loved the gun play of BFV. It is no BF3 though or 2142 for that matter!

I still yearn for a proper 2142 sequel. Hell just remake the original in Frostbite and leave it at that. It's still my favourite and the rush you got trying to escape the Titan as it was blowing up all around you hasn't been repeated.

Caporegime
I still yearn for a proper 2142 sequel. Hell just remake the original in Frostbite and leave it at that. It's still my favourite and the rush you got trying to escape the Titan as it was blowing up all around you hasn't been repeated.

Neither has the massive amounts of lag that occured when the titan moved and players inside went bouncing all over the place. :eek:

The problem with that game was it came out a year after BF2 ffs, i remember seeing the trailer and people thought it was a hoax because it released so soon after battlefield 2.

Associate
No, just no. At some point maybe but not as the main battlefield game. They have a lot of work to do to recover from the last 2 games.

Soldato
I love the BF series and after BFV it's got me worried, I really hope they do modern day or BC3 and they have to learnt from their mistakes and take it on the chin, BF6 - if they fail will be the end of them they won't recover from 2 failures of this size. Hopefully they have plenty of time and will drop everything possible into to make it epic

Soldato
Does anyone hold any hope for the series after the turd that is BF5? I certainly don't.
Nope. None. Unless they really produce some kind of gem in the next installment I can't see my buying. I loved and played a lot of BF1 too.

Agreed, I think I'm done with battlefield now been burnt too many times unless they bring back server rentals and change the fundamental formula etc. Me and my usual lot are playing hell let loose now and having a blast.

Caporegime
I think they must go modern again. Or perhaps slightly into the future. Some of the gadgets in BF3 and 4 were great fun. I still have great memories of locking down the whole US base on Caspian Border with a SOFLAM and a squad of Javelins, to the point no vehicle could even leave the base and the whole US team were after us!

Associate
I love the BF series and after BFV it's got me worried, I really hope they do modern day or BC3 and they have to learnt from their mistakes and take it on the chin, BF6 - if they fail will be the end of them they won't recover from 2 failures of this size. Hopefully they have plenty of time and will drop everything possible into to make it epic

You are counting BF1 as a success? They are on strike 2 already.
I would say bf1 lost a lot of the core player base and then bfv lost even more.
They have to go modern era again. Arguably they should never have taken the core game away from it in the 1st place.

Also custom servers on PC!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom