Rift s whos getting one?

Soldato
I wonder if I am little dyslexic myself. The flow of your posts seems natural to me and I find them very easy to read.

In fact I didn't even notice that your posts were "weirdly spaced" until somebody in a GD thread asked you about it. I had to scroll back up to see what strange posting style he was talking about!!
It's possible
Many people with dyslexia go through life
Undiagnosed especially if it's mild
It does cover more than just can't spell
Like some people think
Or you may just be poetically inclined lol
And that's why my style is so easy for
You to follow
Lot of why am I writing poetry
Comments in the beginning but most
Of the regular guys are used to me now

Soldato
Suddenly looking in to the world of Oculus. I'm thinking once the world settles down a bit, I may invest.

Experienced VR before with the PSVR. I was impressed but found the ps4 a bit too limited.

What can I expect with my set up? Ryzen 5 3600, GTX1070, 16gb RAM? Is that enough for PC VR to perform well?

I'm torn between the S and quest but tbh, I dont think k I would ever play untethered so the S is probably best for me?

Associate
I understand these badboys are like rocking horse doodoo at this time.

I've been wanting to give the whole VR game a bash for some time. These seem to have peaked my interested, mainly price point and not needing the tracking boxes.

I would assume my PC would be up to the task;
i7 9700k
GTX1070 (will be upgrading this within the year)
16gb ram

Any advice or anything prior to them coming back in stock? I noticed the audio is bad point - any recommendation for headphones?

Soldato
I understand these badboys are like rocking horse doodoo at this time.

I've been wanting to give the whole VR game a bash for some time. These seem to have peaked my interested, mainly price point and not needing the tracking boxes.

I would assume my PC would be up to the task;
i7 9700k
GTX1070 (will be upgrading this within the year)
16gb ram

Any advice or anything prior to them coming back in stock? I noticed the audio is bad point - any recommendation for headphones?

All depends on what you want to play and at what settings.
Your system will handle most VR games fine, when it will struggle is if you like playing Racing Sims. Project cars 2 etc on high settings takes some doing. Ive got a 2070 super and a 3700x and that can handle it but even then its pushing it.

Keep an eye out of oculus website, they keep coming back into stock but are sold out within minutes. I got myself one at midnight on a tuesday night a couple of weeks back.
They were in stock on very this morning but again sold out within minutes.
Other places have them on pre-order but the dates keep getting pushed back all the time.

Your best bet is the Oculus website.

Associate
All depends on what you want to play and at what settings.
Your system will handle most VR games fine, when it will struggle is if you like playing Racing Sims. Project cars 2 etc on high settings takes some doing. Ive got a 2070 super and a 3700x and that can handle it but even then its pushing it.

Keep an eye out of oculus website, they keep coming back into stock but are sold out within minutes. I got myself one at midnight on a tuesday night a couple of weeks back.
They were in stock on very this morning but again sold out within minutes.
Other places have them on pre-order but the dates keep getting pushed back all the time.

Your best bet is the Oculus website.

Thanks - shall keep an eye out.

I assume the Rift can use SteamVR games/store also? is their a subscription service to the Rift store or just buy games out right.

Associate
Ah, it happens. Just posting for others to check first before getting too excited!
They are in massive demand. I'll get one next time :)

Associate
Guys not sure if legit but I've just ordered one from the rainforest for £299 new

I cancelled it, seemed too good to be true and seller only had 1 review dated today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom