Homeland Season 7

Soldato
Series 6 was pretty terrible, 7 was OK, but they're really turned it around with 8, and got rid of the boring arc about her kid and home life, much better. Gotta wait til Sunday for the last episode in the UK though.

Soldato
I'll post what I posted in the 'now watching' thread. Just finished Homeland S8. Honestly, I've loved it. S8 has been a great season and that last ep had some fantastic tension, like was saw back in S01E09 (I think it was, anyway). Quite a good ending I feel too, which for me is a big factor on the overall rating of a show. I would probably put Homeland into my top 10 (and I've watched a lot of TV! :) )

There aren't many shows I feel I should watch again in a few years time. Sopranos, Justified, The Americans, The Shield... add Homeland to that list.

While some of the homeland seasons have been stellar, there have been a few dogs in the overall lineup so I'd struggle to go back and watch the series again in its entirety. It'd hit a top 25 list for sure for me, never a top 10 show though.

I agree with The Shield and Justified, they were excellent through and through.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I'm on episode 5 of season 8.

It's been brilliant. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Only 3 weeks ago I knew nothing about homeland. 3 weeks later I've almost binge watching it :p:D

Soldato
I must have glanced away from the screen when they said 2 years have elapsed. - wtf
when saul picked up book, thought he said it had been posted day previouse moel was killed too
series has reanimated the franchise,
don't see how the russians would have really thought she was turned, it was durresse.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I must have glanced away from the screen when they said 2 years have elapsed. - wtf
when saul picked up book, thought he said it had been posted day previouse moel was killed too
series has reanimated the franchise,
don't see how the russians would have really thought she was turned, it was durresse.
Yeah. I agree. I liked the finale, it was good, but not great.

As someone else mention, once they took out her family life and went back to what worked it improved. Season 8 was a return to form. Season 1 and 2 were the best though. Overall I enjoyed the show.

Soldato
Yeah. I agree. I liked the finale, it was good, but not great.

As someone else mention, once they took out her family life and went back to what worked it improved. Season 8 was a return to form. Season 1 and 2 were the best though. Overall I enjoyed the show.

Agree, good, but not great ending.

It just doesn't fit right that the Russians have just accepted her? She was always loyal to the USA and Gromov never had any reason to doubt her allegiance.

A bit disappointing that they never addressed the 'did she/didn't she' regarding the exposure of her source in Afghanistan...

Good series overall. First couple of seasons were the best, but they successfully adapted it to become something a bit different after that. The Berlin season was one of my favourites (maybe because I was living in Germany at the time).

The Claire Danes Wobbly Lip started to grate a little towards the end though, so I'm glad they didn't try to drag it out any longer.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The Claire Danes Wobbly Lip started to grate a little towards the end though, so I'm glad they didn't try to drag it out any longer.
That is her trademark as far as I am concerned. I noticed it in Terminator 3 and whenever there is an emotional scene she pulls it out. Haha.

Associate
Thought the final series was a step up (thankfully) and thought it was finished off well. It still wasn't up to Series 1 and 2 standards but was plenty watchable and was gripping throughout.

Soldato
Ive really enjoyed watching Homeland, I do have a soft spot for off her meds Carrie (am I going to get sex, am I going to get stabbed? Who knows), and even though it had its dips it was still a great viewing experience. Not the ending I’d have liked but....

the show started with a traitor and it ended with a traitor so bookended I suppose.

Soldato
True star of the show was Peter Quinn. According to one of the info docs he was brought in as a supporting character for season 2 as a one off gig, and ended up probably being one of the best characters in the show, and the ultimate badass.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
True star of the show was Peter Quinn. According to one of the info docs he was brought in as a supporting character for season 2 as a one off gig, and ended up probably being one of the best characters in the show, and the ultimate badass.
Yeah, he was very good. But I actually cannot remember what happened to him, killed in the end I think? Never seen that actor elsewhere since.

Soldato
Yeah, he was very good. But I actually cannot remember what happened to him, killed in the end I think? Never seen that actor elsewhere since.

I recall him getting shot up, driving a car with Carrie and the Pres out of a parking garage?

I'm sure I saw him as a lead in his own movie? IMDb says he was Agent 47 in Hitman (2015)

Back
Top Bottom