What pump to use in an all aluminium loop?

Associate
I have a two aluminium radiator from a broken AIOs that I want to reuse. The best known DDC/D5 pump has a stainless steel rotor/impeller, so that's a no-go unless I use coolant with corrosion inhibitors. Does anyone know if there's an all-plastic (on the wet side) pump with decent reputation? I have an Aquacomputer Aquastream too, but that also has a metal rotor/impeller.

Soldato
XT1 Nuke is my fluid of choice. I avoid aluminium components at all costs, but in your situation of I'd feel comfortable using a D5.

I take it the blocks are aluminium too?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I only have two Al radiators at the moment. The rest of my watercooling gear is Cu, or Ni-plated Cu.

If something like Thermaltake C1000 (I intend to use clear, since I don't like days long flushing cycles to get rid of the staining) actually works with mix metals, I might just plumb all the parts I have on hand and test it externally by itself until quarantine is over and check for corrosion after. I worry about the pre-mix attacking my existing tubing though (mayhem ultra clear, PVC)

Associate
OP
Can I link to another forum here? I found a decently detailed post about the various pre-mix/concentrate on the market. Google for "The Best Documented PC Coolants" Need to do some more googling for reviews of the listed clear tier 1 coolants.

Back
Top Bottom