Streets of Rage 4

Soldato
As for playing with old graphics I think it's only the original sprites still on the new style backgrounds, but as someone who didn't like the new style graphics in screenshots, they actually look a lot better playing it.

That's because they made some additional changes to the graphics from the original trailer. I've forgot specifically what it was, but I know you can turn it down/off and it'll look worse without it.

Soldato
it's so weird, the game is getting great reviews and you guys like it. I just can't stand it but love SoR2 :( uninstalling after getting to lvl 6

Played this to Stage 10 last night. Loving it, miles ahead of Sor3 imo and probably better than Sor2, however my nostalgia glasses are well and truly on for that one.

Looking forward to playing it coop at some point, which was always fun with Sor2.

Soldato
Tempted by this game, one feature I'd love to have seen though is the possibly to play the game with new or old style graphics. Guessing there's no option for that? Still looks very fun.

I think you need the steam version.

I have done a video with the old style, take a look.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for that! I'm not sure, something about the retro filter just looks off, like it isn't as clean as I'd have expected it to look. I might pick this up later tonight.

Retro filter will never look as sharp at true pixel graphics because at the end of the day its just a filter.

Didn't realise this on my play through last night but there are retro level hidden within the game.

Apparently there are four in total. You need to find the Bare Knuckle arcade machines and zap them with tasers to unlock the levels

Associate
i have this on gamepass pc and it was working fine last night, now it wont launch, the splash window comes up, sits there for a min and then just closes, anyone else having the same issue?

Soldato
i have this on gamepass pc and it was working fine last night, now it wont launch, the splash window comes up, sits there for a min and then just closes, anyone else having the same issue?

Lots of people are having that issue with the game pass version.

I couldn't get mine to work so I bought it on steam.

Apparently changing your desktop resolution and pressing alt enter on start up can fix it. Nothing worked for me.

Associate
Lots of people are having that issue with the game pass version.

I couldn't get mine to work so I bought it on steam.

Apparently changing your desktop resolution and pressing alt enter on start up can fix it. Nothing worked for me.

thanks, i tried that and a clean install but still nothing :(

Edit : it just launched, very weird.

Associate
Ive completed it twice once on easy then on normal and unlocked the sor 1 retro characters loving it so far i have completed the first level on the mania setting but jesus it was rock hard.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just bought this from Kinguin for under £18 (Steam gift) + 2.12% cashback (TopCashback). I think that's rather epic :p

Also a worthy excuse to dust this bad boy off!

Lx5waDo.jpg

My weekend is sorted.

Edit*
There's no 21:9 scaling support even though it's rendering the full 3440x1440 because when I look at screenshots or nVidia game recordings, the pillarboxes are in the native res frame. Someone out there will find a way to expand the frame to 21:9 soon.

Edit 2*
First level, I thought I did alright considering the last time I played SoR properly was back on the Megadrive... But the game gave me a D :mad: :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom