** LG 27GL850 GAMING MONITOR 5% FORUM DISCOUNT **

OcUK Staff
OP
Picked one up myself, thanks OCUK team!
Ordered, the LTT review swayed me, it will be my first venture into 1440p, coming from a 1080p 144hz screen too :)

Thanks guys and hope you enjoy them! They truly are awesome monitors.

I have lowered our website price and asked sales to make sure all preexisting orders have refunds so they are paying the new price.

A big chunk should arrive on Friday this week so if you have a pre-order on already and you are a forum member ring up sales and they'll upgrade you to Saturday delivery.

Soldato
I tried the code this morning and it didn't work, does that mean the 5% isn't available anymore? Also is free delivery for forum members no longer a thing? If so no worries, just remember it used to exist :)

Associate
I wondered about the free postage for forum members as an order about a month ago was free DPD but an order last weekend didn’t get it even though it was selected.

Associate
I've ordered the monitor and it's due for delivery tomorrow, free P&P was included but the discount did not work after midnight, I was going to order it just before the clock ticked over but was side tracked. I've sent a Web Note to ask if the discount can still be provided as it was working earlier.

Associate
I've ordered the monitor and it's due for delivery tomorrow, free P&P was included but the discount did not work after midnight, I was going to order it just before the clock ticked over but was side tracked. I've sent a Web Note to ask if the discount can still be provided as it was working earlier.
Also bought one a little earlier today, arrives tomorrow. A shame about the discount not working, be good to know if you get positive news on that front.

Associate
It's just arrived, so far so good, no dead pixels that I can see yet and 144hz is just amazing coming from 60hz.

Still got my Samsung 32H850 next to it for now, the LG is so much nicer to use and colours/text appear smoother and cleaner if that makes sense?

Associate
It's just arrived, so far so good, no dead pixels that I can see yet and 144hz is just amazing coming from 60hz.

Still got my Samsung 32H850 next to it for now, the LG is so much nicer to use and colours/text appear smoother and cleaner if that makes sense?

Cool! Mines is due on a hour or so, hoping for the same. :)

I've chased my Web Note and will see what happens.

Associate
Hope you are all having a good experience so far, I've got one arriving tomorrow. I'm coming from an Acer XB270HU (it developed a fault after 5 years of trusty service) so not expecting to see a massive difference but interested to see if it's an improvement. Would be great to hear further feedback on experience of these monitors.

Associate
Mine arrived yesterday, just unpacked it now having breakfast and will set it up after I finish it.

Lets see how my 980ti holds up against this, gonna suck losing GSync until I get a new GPU :eek:

Soldato
Interested in hearing from people who have just bought this. I'd be upgrading from a Dell 24" IPS panel mainly for FPS gaming so would like to see what people are saying.

Soldato
Interested in hearing from people who have just bought this. I'd be upgrading from a Dell 24" IPS panel mainly for FPS gaming so would like to see what people are saying.
It's one of the best ips panels out there in terms of input lag and response time so a great choice for fps.

Associate
Really pleased with mine, really does feel like a TN in terms of responsiveness but the colour accuracy and gamut is as you would expect of a wide gamut IPS.

Response times are outstanding, check the reviews like TFTcentral as they go into detail but I can certainly vouch that it is as near zero lag as I've ever felt. Been playing Warzone and Borderlands 3, it's so smooth. I was going to leave PC gaming for the new xbox but this has bought PC gaming back to the forefront for me.

It's not perfect but the drawbacks are that of IPS panels in general:
  • Weak contrast ratio, around 850:1 for my panel
  • IPS glow, but sit far back enough and it's a non issue. I sit around 60cm back and it's there but very minor
Few other issues I've had:
  • Doesn't swivel, can always get an aftermarket VESA mount though
  • HDMI input doesn't support VRR @120hz+. I use an xbox one X so this is a bit annoying but at least it does 120hz with VRR off
  • HDR is poor, but that's to be expected of a screen that doesn't have FALD/OLED panel
I can't think of anything else I dislike. Really is a keeper for me, which must be saying something as previously I used VA panels religiously. I can forgive the weak blacks as it's better in most every other area. Might use some bias lighting behind the screen to help out with the weak contrast but honestly I'd just watch films on the tv instead.

For the money I'd give it a 9/10, think I got lucky with the panel lottery, no bleed that I can detect even in a dark room. No dead pixels either.

Everyone is different though, your priorities might be different, you might value contrast over all else. Each to their own. I've got a VA panel Samsung 32H850 and I'm using the LG solely.

Soldato
I've been waiting for something to come along that ticks all of my boxes so that i could downsize from this Acer Predator Z35 (it's too big for where i sit really, and i want 1440p) ... So i've just ordered one of these :D Can't wait, i've been wanting to replace my current monitor for the last 2 years but couldn't find anything <£500 with all my requirements.

Associate
Just ordered my 27GL850 to replace my TV as a PC display at long last.

Can anybody who owns one tell me just how different the colours look between WCG and sRGB emulation Mode and whether older games particularity look okay in the WCG mode.

I understand it’s a personal preference thing but just wanted some other opinions from you guys.

Associate
Glad to hear folks are enjoying their new monitors.

Mine arrived on Saturday and I'm really impressed with my panel. I was previously using an ACER XB27HU but it died after five years of service and given that it is a similar monitor (27 inch/144hz/1440p) I was thinking getting this LG monitor as a replacement would be more of a sidegrade than an upgrade. However, after using it for a couple of days I very much consider it as having been an upgrade due to the better picture quality/colours, being noticeably that much faster as well as its more modern look.

However, I think the best thing has been getting a good panel with no dead pixels straight off. For me, dead pixels are unacceptable and I was dreading having to return one or more monitors until I found a panel that I was happy with and it seems from my experience - and from having read the various threads on this panel in the forum - that most people seem to be getting decent panels. When I last upgraded five years ago I got through five acer/asus panels until I found a monitor that had no dead pixels - so its been quite a relief.

The only issue I have is that I think it needs a bit of tweaking out of the box to find the right colour settings but overall I've been really impressed and will have a preference for LG going forward.

Back
Top Bottom