CBD oil/tinctures/eliquid

Soldato
OP
It's encouraging to see so many here benefiting from CBD. I'll have a proper read through tomorrow when I'm less cream-crackered. :)

Thanks for the recommendation, @NVP. Much appreciated.

Caporegime
I feel your search OP is somewhat pointless. CBD at worst is useless and at best is no different to using any other psychoactive drug like diazepam which is a proven treatment for insomnia.

Associate
I feel your search OP is somewhat pointless. CBD at worst is useless and at best is no different to using any other psychoactive drug like diazepam which is a proven treatment for insomnia.

Open your mind and look into CBD before jumping to an ill-informed decision, along with giving out bad/incorrect advice.

There are lots of cases where CBD has been proven to help, I can link some documentaries if you like?

The NHS had a family member of mine on opiates for about 20 years, finally have them off them now (which was VERY difficult) and CBD has been a major help with that recently.

Caporegime
CBD is not psychoactive.

That's a contradictory statement. If a substance actually does relieve anxiety and insomnia it is by definition psychoactive, you can't have it both ways. If it's not psychoactive then it can't benefit those conditions.

Open your mind and look into CBD before jumping to an ill-informed decision, along with giving out bad/incorrect advice.

There are lots of cases where CBD has been proven to help, I can link some documentaries if you like?

The NHS had a family member of mine on opiates for about 20 years, finally have them off them now (which was VERY difficult) and CBD has been a major help with that recently.

I'm not interested in anecdotes and placebo effects, I'm interested in science, real pharmacology.

And I'm not giving out advice, I don't offer medical advice on internet forums.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not interested in anecdotes and placebo effects, I'm interested in science, real pharmacology.

I'll be honest, it does seem that you have a closed mind to this but if I'm wrong then take a look at the below, it certainly changed my mind on it when I watched it quite a few years ago now;

<link removed as requested>

And I'm not giving out advice, I don't offer medical advice on internet forums.

I don't know what that is in reference too, I didn't ask for advice :confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'll be honest, it does seem that you have a closed mind to this but if I'm wrong then take a look at the below, it certainly changed my mind on it when I watched it quite a few years ago now;

A closed mind is one that doesn't critically analyse the available evidence and just believes what they want to. Being a pharmacology student I've seen enough documentaries with miracle claims for every substance under the sun including CBD for a lifetime.

And btw in case you didn't realise you have just linked to a video on cannabis, not CBD which is precisely what the OP asked people not to do...

I don't know what that is in reference too, I didn't ask for advice

You claimed I was giving out advice...

Soldato
That's a contradictory statement. If a substance actually does relieve anxiety and insomnia it is by definition psychoactive, you can't have it both ways. If it's not psychoactive then it can't benefit those conditions.
OK, perhaps I should have said that CBD is non-psychotropic but I understand your view as a pharmacological definition. CBD derived from hemp has no psychotropic activity.

Soldato
OP
My CBD isolate arrived today. I'm going to dissolve it in olive oil and make my own sublingual oil from it, aiming for ~30mg doses (I won't go into the details but from what I've read, that seems like a good middle-of-the-road dose for someone of my size. Edit: I'll be building up to that dose though, obviously, starting with half that or even less).

I slept well last night so I won't try it yet but it'll be there when I need it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It definitely works.

I dosed ~15mg three times tonight over 4 hours and only got angry at Question Time a couple of times, and then only mildly. And I feel quite tired, which is nice. :)

Caporegime
Now that's out of the way, does anyone here use any CBD products? I've been looking into them over the past week because I've been having trouble sleeping at night.

I've been looking at it for the same purpose. I haven't got any yet, because it's really expensive. You can get a range of sleep aids OTC at a pharmacy, why not talk to your pharmacists about it? (Just don't let them fob you off with the herbal garbage).

Soldato
OP
I've been looking at it for the same purpose. I haven't got any yet, because it's really expensive. You can get a range of sleep aids OTC at a pharmacy, why not talk to your pharmacists about it? (Just don't let them fob you off with the herbal garbage).

Cheers Jack. Speaking with the pharmacist was on the cards if my efforts proved fruitless but I may just have cracked it. I slept very soundly last night without feeling "knocked out" (also very important to me because I'm sometimes needed in the early hours). There don't seem to be any after-effects either - I feel pretty clear headed today. Marvellous.

Man of Honour
I'm thinking of trying CBD. I've heard that it is good for psoriasis which I have on my scalp and anti inflamation. I have some knee pain that I think it may be helpful for. Any suggested suppliers? Topical for both?

Soldato
I'm thinking of trying CBD. I've heard that it is good for psoriasis which I have on my scalp and anti inflamation. I have some knee pain that I think it may be helpful for. Any suggested suppliers? Topical for both?

My friend gets CBD buds from a site called Hemp Elf. They seem to sell all things CBD from buds to bath bombs so I'm sure it's a decent place to start

Back
Top Bottom