Request: Best 4k monitor 32inch for reading

ntg

ntg

Associate
Need suggestions on best in class monitor for reading pdfs and website text for office work.

Main spec as above, 32'' and 4k.

I checked other threads here but they are either too old or much smaller screen sizes.

Forgot budget: up to 1000gbp

Associate
I use a Philips 326M6VJRM, which I bought at the end of last year, and have been very impressed with it. I used to use a 32" 1440p monitor, but these days 80% of my time is spent doing text-based work so the higher pixel density is really nice. The panel has excellent uniformity and no obvious issues other than a slightly more visible anti-glare coating than would be ideal.

Got mine for just over £500, but they seem to have shot up to over £600 now.

Associate
Need suggestions on best in class monitor for reading pdfs and website text for office work.

Main spec as above, 32'' and 4k.

I checked other threads here but they are either too old or much smaller screen sizes.

Forgot budget: up to 1000gbp

it's all about the individual, obviously the 326M6VJRM is a very nice monitor that DrBombcrater has however for me the 1st thing i do when reading text on 4K is make everything 200%! and personally i find QHD (x1440) the perfect resolution for text

so i suggest you get yourself in front of some options to see what works best for you

Associate
I have both 32" 4K and 32" 1440p monitors on my desk, and I now much prefer the 4K. I was a bit sceptical beforehand, but the extra pixel density does make text look that much more defined and natural. At 1440p the pixel density is just a shade too low, fine for 27/28" but not quite there for 32".

This is purely regarding text work, of course, 1440p is still the better choice for gaming.

ntg

ntg

Associate
OP
it's all about the individual, obviously the 326M6VJRM is a very nice monitor that DrBombcrater has however for me the 1st thing i do when reading text on 4K is make everything 200%! and personally i find QHD (x1440) the perfect resolution for text

so i suggest you get yourself in front of some options to see what works best for you

I know what you mean. I already got a 32'' 4K monitor and want to buy another one. I'm happy with 4K for office work, which is why I'm more focused on getting 4K again, just wondering what would be better options than the BENQ EW3270U that I've got already.

EDIT: Thanks AOC UK for the suggestion. If anyone else has any specific models to suggest I'm all ears. Don't know if there's anything on the horizon either, I can wait a month or so before making my purchase.

Soldato
I have the LG 43UD79, I find it brilliant for text and gaming, yes its only 60Hz I don't play many fast paced games so not a bother, also has the ability to split the screen into 4 x 1080p screens using different inputs

I am happy with it

Kimbie

Back
Top Bottom